Chapter 29

The day went on peacefully until lunch. Leo had gone somewhere. "Find a table. I'll join you a while later." he had told me at the end of the previous class. Getting my lunch, I sat at an empty table which was facing the track and field area. While in the middle of eating, my watch started beeping. "Attention! Incoming call from Derek Luis." I heard Lexi speak. "Connect it on my phone please, Lexi." I said and put down my spoon and stood up and walked to the small seating stone a little out front. "Hello?" I spoke into my phone. "Hey KC! It's Derek. Um, Chief Harris's assistant?" he said on the other line. "Hey Derek! What's up?" I asked. "Nothing much, actually. Chief asked me to check on all of you since it's your first day. Is it alright?" he asked. Leaning my head on my shoulder, I walked to my bag on the chair. "Yeah, yeah, it's alright until now. I have two more classes and then a practical class. Then I'm done for the day. Do you need anything?" I asked. I saw Martin making his way towards me. "No. But Chief wanted to know if one of you, either you, Leo or the twins could come and pick up a file containing details for your mission on Friday. But it'll be late at night." he said, the last sentence hesitantly. Before Martin could reach the table, I spoke hurriedly on the phone. "I think I'll pick it up. Honestly, why the uncertain tone? Thought that I'll be afraid of the dark huh?" I asked and laughed. Martin had sat down, and I saw Leo taking his seat as well. "I did NOT think that at all! Anyway, you still coming right?" he asked me. I sat down and put my bag down as well. "Yeah, see you tonight!" I said and the call went off. "Who was that?" Leo asked me.

"Derek." I said and didn't talk further. "Derek? Who?" he asked and I think I saw a small look of jealousy? But it wasn't anything probably. I raised my eye brows shooting a warning look. He got the hint and stopped talking. "I need you to drive me somewhere on Friday." I said. "K" he said and we stopped talking. "There's one thing I really want to ask you both something." said Grace, sitting down. "Yeah?" I asked her. I was almost done eating, so I was checking my books for after lunch. "Are you two, like, uh... don't get angry about me asking, but are you two dating?" she asked. I dropped the books I was holding and Leo dropped his spoon. "NO!" we shouted, the same way we did on the morning on the roof. We looked at each other. I gulped, blushed and looked down to pick my fallen down books. "See you at home!" I said and ran out of the cafeteria before anyone could talk to me. While crossing the grassy field, I saw the twins sitting with one more person. They saw me and gave them a  quick wave. I saw Nate smile at me but I didn't stop running. I felt SO frikin' nervous when Grace asked us that, and I couldn't stand to be in the same room as Leo for the time being, let alone next to him! My watch beeped, and I clicked it. "You ok? Why are you running?" I heard Greg's voice. "N-nothing. Just figured I need to get to my n-next class." I said. I had stopped at my locker to drop my remaining books in. "Ok, alright then! See you later!" and it got off. 

I was still facing the locker but I was able to hear a whoosh of air behind me. My eyes widened and I ducked, and then heard a painful scream. "OWWWW!!!!!!!" I looked at the person behind me and shook my head. It was Eugene, the Dance God. Again. Ignoring him, I continued walking but I heard the familiar battle cry a person stupid enough would do, and caught the arm and threw the owner back-first to the ground. "How many times have I told you not to mess with me?" I said and went to class, ignoring his cries and also stares from people. 

Like that, the week went peacefully. Classes were fun. The chapters were interesting. And the only difficulty I had to deal with Eugene being more stupid than the first day. But otherwise, I enjoyed my week. Friday evening, at 9pm, I changed into a different outfit than i had worn that day, and then knocked on Leo's door. "Come in!" I heard him say. I pushed his door open slowly. I had never been into the others' room, so Leo's was the first. It was pretty cool. The walls were decorated with frames of few pictures. And in one corner, there was a video game setup. "Hey, ummm it's me!" I said. "Oh hey! Sit down! I'll uh come out in a sec." he shouted from probably his restroom. I sat on a chair and admired the stainless window. I heard soft footsteps and turned around. "So the thing is I-" I started speaking, but immediately stopped and turned back round, cheeks red. I closed my eyes shut to try and get my recent memory out of my mind and into its recycle bin. Leo had come out of the bathroom, wiping his hair, WITHOUT A SHIRT. "Uh- sorry about that-" he said and hustled quickly to a wardrobe. "You can open your eyes now." he said, and opening my eyes, I saw a small patch of pink in his cheeks as well. 

"I need a ride to HQ." I said, now looking at the video game set. "Sure. When?" he asked me, and was making his curtains straight. "Now." I said. He turned to me. "Oh! That's what you meant that day at lunch! You were talking to Derek! Chief's assistant! Now it makes sense!" he said and shuffled his hair. I gave a smirk. "Oh well, if you can't give me a ride, I can always ask one of the twins!" I said and headed towards the door, but he stopped me. "Fiiiiine! Let's go. Get your jacket." he said, shaking his head. I gave a smile and went back to my room. After about a minute, we went down to the basement. He turned on the silent engine and we drove off.