Prologue

Evelyn🌕    

                 I was frustrated. Who wouldn't be? It was my alpha ceremony. My 18th birthday! And here I am running in the woods, trying to figure out where the rogue went. My whole pack which was celebrating me minutes before is searching for him. How did he escape the silver gate though? I thought as I ran. Like this wasn't enough already Edith, my own beta, MY SISTER! is missing since she was announced as my beta. One minute she was there standing right behind me and then she was gone. I know she hates me but the least she could do is support me as a beta that she is. I know I should've selected J as my beta. I'm gonna have a talk with her later for sure. This behavior is unacceptable.

I was lost in my own world when the atmosphere changed. Everything felt more sharp that even the slightest sound of leaves crunching felt like a bomb was dropped in front of my face. A chill ran down my spine and the hair on my neck rose. My heart beat like it was about to jump out anytime now. Suddenly I felt my wolf stiffen as a sweet, heavenly smell, a mix of orange and rain engulfed my nose. It was very mild yet powerful. My wolf and I wanted to find the source of the sweet smell for some weird reason. I looked around but nothing. I was the only one there. So I decided to follow the scent. Sylvie got excited as we got closer and closer to the smell. But soon the sweet smell was mixed with the scent of so many wolves. My pack wolves! "Alpha we got him!" Josh informed me through the mind link. I rushed to the smell and found Josh had pinned the rogue to the ground. The smell was strong here that I felt like I was drowning in it. I took a step closer, the twig under my foot breaking as the only sound in the silent surrounding made the rogue turn towards me.

The minute our eyes locked everything around us stopped. My stomach twisted and turned into knots. I couldn't utter a single word out as I felt like every single drop of energy I had was drained out of me by his gaze. All I could see was those pale green eyes, boring into my grey ones. "Mate" my wolf exclaimed jumping up and down in my mind. My whole body felt like it was blooming. It was just him and I, staring at each other as my wolf let a happy howl in the back of my head. I was in a trance that I never wanted to come out of. I found him and I was in cloud nine.

But soon the feeling vanished as reality finally bled into my senses and I was filled with rage. I could feel Sylvie coming to surface as my pupils enlarged. She was furious and so was I. How dare he touch my mate?! I let out a ferocious growl looking at Josh. All the members looked at me confused and...terrified. I lunged towards Josh and tackled him to the ground. My claws were out and it was itching me to hurt him. But I couldn't. I couldn't let Sylvie take control. Not on my own pack. I let out another threating growl looking straight in Josh's eyes and quickly went back to my mate. I stood in front him in a fighting stance. At this point my eyes were completely violet and Sylvie was already in full control, "Not. My. Mate!" 

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~

Hey there! Thank you for reading my story. I know this was short. I just wanted to give you guys a little sneak of what is inside. But the chapters will be long. Hope you guys stick with me till the end. Love you ! ❤❤❤