(2) REVIEWS: DIVIDED (Science Fiction)

DIVIDED by Shareese86 ( Shareese86)

I'm taking a lot of liberties with this review because in all honesty, this woman never asked me for a review of any kind.

When I first discovered this book, I was very excited off the bat. I mean, look at that cover. But covers can be deceiving. I've seen bad covers happen to good books and equally, good covers happen to bad books. It's just the way of things. On the surface, there is nothing particularly special about this plot premise. Not really. And I don't say that to be rude. It's a typical end-of-the-world, mankind-messed-up, oh-no, sort of read.

At least that's what I thought. This book is incomplete, as far as the author's concerned. But not as far as I, a reader, am concerned. The state that it's in, the state of limbo IS the thing that makes it oh so much cooler than other stories. I think this book should stay as is. I don't think it needs a secondary plot or a huge grand adventure. I think the points it brings up, the real HUMAN fear, and raw emotion that it conjures up IS what it brings to the table.

It could literally be the new Anne Frank. The situation is real, the people are real, the state of doubt and fear and regrets is SO real. I'd originally read each chapter praying that she'd been joking that it wasn't done, hoping I'd see the epic story unfold.

That never happens, and the more I got closer to the end of available chapters, the more glad I was for it. An open end to this book would be (muah) perfect. It doesn't need the usual tropes, it doesn't need the usual man vs. nature, etc. etc. it's perfect as is. I think this book should be marked as completed and if she ever decides to expand on it, then mark that as book two. This is a good read you won't regret experiencing. Don't rob yourself of this chance.

 Don't rob yourself of  this chance