(3) REVIEWS: The Hybrid Cycle (Science Fiction / Thriller)

The Hybrid Cycle: Volume 1 by DiscoWerewolf DiscoWerewolf

What can I say about this book other than you have NO idea what you've just stepped into? I've never seen anything like it. Ever. And that's saying a lot coming from someone who's watched quite a bit TOO many B movies.

I'll be honest. This book is creepy. FUN CREEPY. You'll find yourself questioning your humanity when you're there rooting, not for the protagonist, but the cool, quirky, and SERIOUSLY disturbed bad guy. It has almost every aspect of storytelling that I usually avoid but it does it in such a strange off-the-cuff way that I found myself nodding and tipping my hat to the author while saying, "Well played, sir. Well played."

It's got mystery, it's got intrigue, Sci-Fi, paranormal, genetic engineering, heck, it even had romance. It's got everything and written in such a way that it's NOT off-putting. The action is dynamic and so vivid you can imagine yourself there. You not only respect the intelligence of the bad guy, you respect his resilience. And I am not implying that the protagonist doesn't have her own quirks and highlights, too. She does. No, she isn't what brings me back but she's no run-of-the-mill damsel in distress either. She pushes the envelope and although it's still an on-going story, I know she will give our bad guy a good fight.

If you're looking to sink your teeth into something that's fast-paced and keeps you guessing, this is the book for you. If you said to me that you saw any of those twists or story-lines coming, I'd call you a witch because that's impossible here. You'll never guess what's in-store, and THAT. IS. THE. BEST. PART. Mark my words, this author's going to be BIG.