Part 61 - Limits

Part 61

A MONTH LATER
MAYA POV

It's been a month now since Nicholas went to New York with our son and Wesley. Ever since then, days, nights, time in short everything just seems to be dull except from being at the villa and going for my check ups with Dr Daniel, I haven't been doing much. Off course, I do miss my son.. After staying so far from him for such a long time in such a delicate situation is something that I haven't experience before, hence I am having a hard time dealing with my own confused feelings. But what where I actually surprised myself was when I found myself missing Nicholas. I knew that I was used to being around him, but this one month made me realize that not only did I miss being around him but I also missed cuddling with him, sleeping next to him, showering together, being teased by him, having stupid arguments with him and kissing him.

At first when I learnt that we will have to be away from each other for such a long time period, I was wary about how things and our feelings may change. Frankly speaking with all the confusion between and about us, along with where things and the situation is with us, I was concerned about what the future holds for us. But this concern of mine was gone within the first week itself, the guys would always be video-calling, texting, sending pics of what they are doing and also would tell me all what they did and all what was happening there. Along with Bunny's treatment going on there, Nicholas was also handling few business matters there being the main reason of him taking Wesley along so that he could ensure that even if he has to step out, Bunny is not left alone and have his business handled along.

And all of that did help me with some of my irrational thoughts which occurred especially when Nicholas informed me that Bunny will have to undergo two surgeries instead on one after the doctors there examined and ran tests on his legs. That moment me and Gracy, we were both completely freaked out. Turns out that after being ill-treated by Jennifer and the horrendous nanny whom she hired to torture my baby and being admitted in the hospital where we found him, his then affected swollen leg became more vulnerable and required more care and attention. The first required operation in New York went well by god's grace and now in a few days, Nicholas informed me that he will be going for the second one.

Which is why as advised by Roman and Gracy to keep my mind busy so as not to worry and overthink about the upcoming surgery of my little rabbit, I finally came out of the villa after this entire month to divert my mind for a while. Today I decided to accompany with Gracy to the NGO and spend the day with the kids as they have started preparing for the annual functions they hold for the kids. Right now it's past lunch time and I look again at my phone to see whether Nicholas called me back or not. When I woke up today, Nicholas' message informing me that he has a busy day ahead so, he may not be able to call me or text me for the day.

Whenever I get messages like that from Nicholas, I automatically get agitated. Not that I spend all 24 hours talking or texting Nicholas, but whenever I've got such texts from him, the feeling and wish of talking to him and seeing Nicholas just kicks in hard. Even though I know that I may not be able to reach him, I still tried calling him few times but to no use, I just hate it when I am not able to reach him, it really makes me restless and jumpy. I dont know why but right now I feel like I really need to hear his voice.

Yaa

Today sucks. Again..

Is all what I tell myself.

" I am sure that he must be enjoying himself.. That's why he's not picking your calls..!! "
I hear Luke say in a different way as he approaches me.

Meeting Luke and the others here at the NGO after so many months and as well as the revelation of me being married to Nicholas has been a different experience. The ones who then thought of me as Nicholas' girlfriend, mistress or one night girl and said so many disturbing things behind my back today are behaving so nice with me as if I am someone else, someone important. I also learnt from Gracy that they all tried to see me when I was in coma but none of them except Mrs Singh were allowed because of Nicholas' tight security.