Part 71 - Realisation

Part 71

VALENTINO VILLA
MAYA POV

Its been a month now since I was publicly introduced as Mrs Maya Valentino. That night has left me with a lot of happiness and questions. I mean the way my husband had planned it all for, be it my dress, my appearance, my identity, his speech about me and our son, and also the way he proved again that indeed he's the best dad in the world for our son just got me by utter surprise. The way Nicholas cares for me and shows his affection despite our horrible rough start, it just warms my heart thinking how long and far we've come in our relation. The contract marriage which was supposed to be a business deal for few months is now a real marriage which turned out to be one of the most awesome things of my life. Never ever in my life I thought that I could ever be treated like that publicly after all Jennifer always had made sure to keep me away from the Stones Family and if by chance I was seen, she could make me pass for a servant and belittle me.

However few days after that party and the terrible hangover and drama with Bunny and Gracy that followed, while watching the news on TV I found out my dad also release a public statement whilst being interviewed before getting in the party. In that statement he stated very loud and clear that Nicholas Valentino's wife i.e me, is his daughter. He publicly accepted me as his daughter and stated that not Jennifer but his first dead wife is my mother. Seeing that news I was completely stupefied as I know it for a fact that Jennifer never wanted me to be known as a Stone, isnt that exactly why my entire life I've been using my mother's name. this time, dad talked about me and that too in Jennifer's absence, without any kind of doubt, I knew that this action of my father will definitely anger his jealous and narrow-minded second wife. Which is why following that news I did call my father to question him about the situation with me, Jennifer and this particular statement of his.

His response to this matter was short but clear and simple, over that phone Dad said : ' I just did what I should have done years ago. Anyways don't worry about Jennifer. I know very well how to handle her. '

Easier said than done.

Do I not know how vile and sickening kind of a person this Jennifer is..!!

But still Dad didnt let me talk about that as he changed the topic by starting to question me about Gracy and her pregnancy status.

Right now I am in the kitchen with Greta and Gracy as Greta teaches me how to cook again. Ever since I've decided to stay home after all that happened and expressed my wish to learn to cook western dishes, Greta has been my mentor since then. Thanks to her, I've learnt many dishes and improved my cooking as well. She says that since Wesley regards me as his sister, it's her duty to teach me and help me where ever she can. The family that I have at my home, the villa, they made taught me so much, at times I felt that I couldnt been more blessed with all the persons in my life.

" Nicholas is behaving so weird for some time..
I asked him what happened but all he says is that when I remember, we'll talk abut it..!!!

Ye aadmi bhi naaa kuch samjh hi nahi aata...
Pata nahi kya chal raha usske dimaag main..!!
Kya yaad karun abhi..??
( This man I tell you.. I cant understand him
Dont know what's going on in his mind..
What does he want me to remember now..?? "
I grumble impatiently about my husband's babyish behavior.

To which Gracy adds very confidently as she's comfortable seated on a nearby chair;
" Simple si toh baat hai...
Ya toh tu ne koyi raita phai laya hai ya toh tere pati ne koyi naya kaand kiya hai..!!!
( It's very simple....
Either you messed up with something or your husband f*cked some shit up..!! )