Part 30 - The Truth

Part 30

The Hospital
Parking Lot
NICHOLAS POV

" Most of the servants there didn't say a word about Maya or Brian... It's more like they have been very well trained to not say anything about this topic..!!! But then I found this old maid.. Rita... She told me so many things that... I think that it'll be much better if you hear her yourself..!! "
I look at Wesley all shocked after he tells them what he found about Maya's past.

" Rita..???
I think I know her... If I'm not wrong she's the one who had informed us about Bunny the first time he was sick..!! Where is she.? "
I say as I remember this particular detail.

" Come with me.. I brought her along with me..!! "
Wesley says as we all walk away from Brian's room where Maya and Gracy are with the doctor.

We enter the canteen area of the hospital where I see the old maid sitting at a table and as soon as she sees us coming towards her, she gets up from her place anxiously as she greets us.

And Wesley speaks clearly encouraging Rita to talk without any fear ;
" Rita why don't you tell Nicholas what you told me about Maya and Brian..!!??
From the start...!!! "

" Sure... Why not...
All these years I've stayed quiet and seen all these happen but couldn't say anything nor do anything to stop it but if today by telling the truth I can help Maya mam then I'll definitely do it..

Sir... About 5 and a half years ago, Mike sir received a phone call from his ex wife... Mridula mam... She informed him that she was detected with brain tumor and had very little time left. And their daughter Maya mam would be left completely alone if she has no one to take care of her.
I still remember very well that just after that phone call Jennifer Mam announced that she was pregnant.

But still that did not stop Mike sir from going back to Mridula mam as it was the first time she had called him and even talked to him after they had separated.
Mike sir stayed in India for about 5-6 months along with Mridula and Maya mam.

And then along with Mike sir, Maya Mam came here after her mother passed away. She was a quiet and reserved girl who talked very very less. I'd say that she was still trying to cope up with her mother's death. Trying to learn how to live and survive without her, a new life, a new culture, a new lifestyle and a new language.

Despite all that she tried her best to accept the new life that she was exposed to. Maya mam tried to get along and tried to accept Jennifer mam as her step mother.
At first Jennifer mam also played along. She ensured Mike sit that she will help him in Maya's upbringing as she understands what a mother feels given that she was herself pregnant at that time.

But that lasted only for a few weeks till the time she learnt that Mridula Mam is actually dead. It happened to be that she did all of this drama just because no one had informed her that Mridula mama was dead. All this long she thought that Mike sir brought Maya mam along with him because Mridula mam was being treated India. It turned out that she was doing all this just secure her place and ensure that Mike sir does not leave her to be with Maya and her mother.

And then we all saw the reality of Jennifer mam, she rejected Maya mam and everything concerning her. She threatened to kill the staff of the mansion if they go near her and not even talk to her. Because of her, Maya mam was never allowed to live her dreams. Despite being the daughter of a billionaire, Maya mam had nothing for herself. Jennifer mam promised herself to turn Maya mam's life into a never ending nightmare which she somehow did. But still Maya mam stayed strong and took care of her as she was pregnant.