Part 7- The New Challenges

Part 7

Valentino Villa
6 pm

And I look at myself in the mirror, finally ready to officially meet my father-in-law.
It's okay, I do look presentable.
I'm wearing a blue dress with my wedding ring and earrings being the only jewelry on me.

Not that I don't know who he is.

On second thoughts, I actually don't know who he is.
Except his name and face, I don't know anything about him.!!!

I mean I did see him on the wedding but didn't really talked to him.
And he also seemed to be the elder version of Nicholas as he had that serious boring look on his face the entire day.

Why the hell do I have to deal with all these sample pieces?

First my father.

Followed by my Bunny....
Though he's the cutest of all.

Then came Mr Valentino.....
The husband.

With Roman......
Definitely unexpected yet mysterious, don't know how he knows so much about me and Bunny, when I was and still am totally clueless about him and his family.

And now another father.......
I don't know why I feel as if as if something is wrong?!!

I just hope that I don't mess up anything now, as it is I'm already tired due to cleaning up the room and it resulted in making my back pain even worse. After taking the painkillers to comfort the pain, I take a last glance at myself before leaving the room.

As I exit the room, I see Roman also coming out of his. He walks towards me with a smile.

" You look nice..!!! "

"Really...???!! It's just a normal simple outfit...!! "

" Simplicity is exactly what makes you beautiful Maya...

Unlike some people with lots of money yet the darkest hearts with the worst of wishes in there.. "

Roman says the last line as he clearly goes in a kind of flashback.

What is he thinking about??
He seems a little disturbed.
I snap my fingers in front of him making him come out of his thoughts.

" What happened?? Where are you lost??? "
I say as he looks at me.

But before, anyone of us could say anything, we hear a door opening and both of us turn our heads in that direction only to see Nicholas coming out of his room situated at the complete end of the corridor.

He walks out in a black suit as he looks at us with a very different kind of look in his eyes, why the hell can't I understand that look??

As he approaches us, I start feeling a little uncomfortable with the look in his eyes. Damn that man can be unpredictable at times, don't know what can make him angry or upset him. And since we are expecting guests tonight, it's better that I don't do anything that triggers him.
Yaaa.
That's right..!!
I ain't gonna do anything to invite trouble.

But suddenly I feel a hand on mine, before I could see who's it is I feel myself being pushed in the opposite direction of where I was standing.

I just land bumping in Nicholas' chest, who also looks at me a little surprised. We stay like that looking in each other's eyes forgetting everything .

" Guyssss.... It's already been 15 minutes, how long do you think you are gonna be standing like that?? Please tell me as it is I'm getting tired of standing, so I'll get myself a chair. "