Part 94 - Her Reasons

Part 94

MAYA POV

" Well, Roman knows about Chase! Unlike Maya, he didnt accidently learn about Chase! I myself told him! " We listen to Gracy informing us of what she did.

Wesley ask her; " And? "

" He flew into a fit! But that's not what's bothering me! I'm offended that Roman didnt faint! " My sister complains.

Wesley and Gracy keep talking while I keep my eyes on the unconscious man laying on the bed in front of me as I recall everything happening lately. Roman was also in the same room as his brother sleeping on the nearby sofa as Nicholas has been kept overnight for observation.

About two hours ago, Nicholas collapsed in the corridor after overhearing my confrontation about Chris with Wesley. I should be feeling bad for torturing Nicholas like this but I am not. Maybe because I had seen him sleep with Nilda in the start.

4 months ago everything changed.

Just when I thought everything was getting better and I could have a normal happy family, my so-called husband broke each and every one of my dreams and faith in him. In love.

Growing up and learning that my father left my maa for another woman was already hard enough. After all, my maa was a divorced woman trying to fight her way out after getting crushed by a cruel blow in her face. There were many people who tried to take advantage of her and our harsh situation then. Thinking that she is divorced, alone and with a child, people thought she may be available and said many nasty things to her and to me as I grew up. But being the stronger fighter that she is, my maa never gave up and kept fighting till she died.

Having watched my maa being punished for loving one man with all her heart, made me lose all hopes in love. Falling in love with a man who didnt love me back and would leave me for another woman became my worst nightmare ever. I didnt wanted to go through my maa suffered. Yet when Nicholas said he loved me and wanted to be with me for the rest of his life, I took time to convince myself that he's not lying and actually changing for the same, only then I decided to confess my feelings for him.

I knew that I had fallen for him a long time back but yet I waited before revealing my feelings to him.
His birthday. I chose his birthday for that moment.
And we were both so happy in that moment.
I gave him everything that I had.
And he took it. Accepted me as I accepted him.

However that didnt last long. Before I understand what's going on. I am being insulted and humiliated in front of your entire office. Along with our son.

That day you turned the most horrible thought of my life into reality and yet I was trying to convince myself that you were joking. That you dont mean anything you said. That maybe you are just angry.

But you made a joke of me, of my trust, of our son, of our relationship in front of everyone.

I couldnt bear it. I couldnt handle being in the same boat as my mother. I knew that I had to make a decision. That why I chose to free myself and you from whatever we had and left with Bunny.

I thought that maybe you never changed. That you have been an excellent actor for the past 2 and a half years you said you wanted me to give us a chance. I entered my car determined to never trust you again till Bunny opened his mouth.

" If Daddy hates us then why before you came inside, he told me to be careful and never leave you. " that one sentence from crying Bunny was enough for me to understand that something big and fishy was going on.

I did what I deemed best at that time. Went straight to my dad. Met Gracy there and heard what Roman told her. The way both the Valentino Brothers came out and told us they didnt wanted both of us all in the same day started seeming a little odd. And thanks to dad, within few hours, we learnt about Nicole and his doings. I understood why you did that. Why you were such an asshole to me.