Trippin

"

"... I'm waiting?!" He shouted, almost immediately snapping and I felt all the tiredness in me fade to alert and I sat up in the bed.

"Please don't shout you're going to wak-"

"Nah you need to start talking real quick, and make it make sense because you look mad shady." He said with his brows furrowed and I shrugged.

"Look, nothing happened between me and him. He's Riva's friend, we met twice through her. He just moved into the neighborhood and he offered me a ride home after drinks last night. That's it." Chris chuckled when I finished talking and didn't speak at first.

"Where are you going?" I said walking speedily behind him and he snatched away from me when I tried to grab on to his arm.

"You full of shit. I know you don't expect me to believe that? You been acting weird as hell, one minute you with me, next minute 'you can't do this' now you parading round town with some nigga your hoe ass friend introduced you to? You can leave me the fuck outta that, I ain't chasing you behind no nigga. Not again. You ain't gone embarrass me not one more time Kam." He was furious.

"I'm not lying to you. I swear nothing happened between me and him." I shouted back and at this point I was just trying to calm him down with my words, but I knew he'd made his mind up.

"Could it have?" He stepped to me, making me step back and I flinched at his sudden aggressiveness. I couldn't answer his question because I didn't want to lie, but the truth was that it could.

"...Yeah, Aight." He said shortly and chuckled coldly before exiting the room.

-

For two weeks after that blow up Chris completely iced me out. No calls, no texts, no conversation outside of that pertaining to our kids, and if he could help it, no physical contact. He was so wound up by seeing those pictures and part of me understood he felt disrespected, but I also had never had him treat me like this over something so petty.

I tried to get on with my life as normal, and for the most part I had, but in all honesty Chris acting the way he was had me in odds.

I was meeting with my acting agent via zoom today about a role I had been cast for, the deal was a good one and as i'd hoped, it was flexible. I didn't want to do anything that relocated me or that took too much of my time away from my kids. Obviously I had to be realistic, i'm not an A-list actress so I needed to be open. It was a great opportunity, with an amazing cast and a huge budget.

"I did want to mention, the movie is partially going through outliers. The production house has brought in some of their crew and producers." Zoey told me and I scrunched my face up.

"As in Michael's production company?" I asked quickly straightening my face. I didn't want to come off unprofessional.

"Yep. They're not fully across it, but they are involved." She informed and I nodded, by 'they' she meant my ex-husband.