Separate Lives

"It's, boom, boom, pap, up then back!" I shouted into my baby's ear and she bent over giggly before I smacked her butt

"Babe it's too many transitions in one sequence I can't do that!" She said pushing her head into my chest and I put my arm around her.

"Nah don't get defeatist, I can do it so I know you can. Come on, look." I said moving around her and stood behind her to pull her into form.

"Okay, how about I do this, this, then, boom, pap, up then" She started then dropped into a split with a mischievous grin. I was so caught up watching her for a second that I hadn't gotten my head around her completely clearing my routine.

"See this why I don't play with you, you're always showing out." I said watching her stand back up and she laughed throwing her arms around me again.

"I'm sorry, you're so easy to fuck with babe." She said looking up into my eyes as her hair tickled my arm from her thrown back position. She was opening the VMA's this year and she asked me to help choreograph.

"This is a ghost choreography situation too, don't be telling nobody I put this together if you bomb it." I told her as my hands made their way down her back to squeeze of her ass.

"You know what I was thinking?" She asked ignoring my slight and I sighed.

"What big idea you got now?"

"I want you to perform with me." She said with a brow raised and I was so lost in her lips it almost ain't register.

"Come on babe, it'll be iconic." She pushed and I shook my head before tapping her side to let me out of her grip and walked over to the couch in the dance studio, and she followed before pulling her leg over to straddle me, for someone who wasn't giving it up she sure as hell loved the view.

"What's wrong?" She asked as my hands stayed firmly laid on the arm on the chair.

"You know I support you, and I want you to kill everything you do. I just don't want you to get caught up in my drama. A lot of people hate me Mani. Your career is just too important and precious to have me wrapped up in it." I finished and I couldn't say another word before she grabbed my face into a kiss.

"What was that for?" I asked and by now my hands were back on her butt, I couldn't help myself.

"You have got to stop those limiting beliefs Chris. You think if people really hated you, you'd still be one of the biggest artists in the world? ... Your talent speaks for you, and mine speaks for me. You're an amazing performer, you're a great dad, friend - spin the narrative. The media only still try to hold you to your mistakes because you let them. Don't nobody give a fuck what a blog or news anchor got to say about you, you sell out stadiums." She went on and oh my God this girl couldn't be anymore perfect, it was one thing being told this by someone I was dating, but to hear it from her knowing how much even being associated with me could hurt her, just made it more real.