Battle

"Mmmm. Good morning." Reggie said steering next to me. I watched him through my cracked eyes and closed them again, trying to saver the last moments of sleep.

"Why are you acting sleep? I know you see me in ya dreams but damn." he joked and my eyes that had just fully opened, rolled back closed.

"I had a nightmare so you not lying" I hit back and he nudged me as he sat up in the day bed. We slept outside last night.

" Morning ya'll" Reggie said in his deep morning voice as we entered the house to see Riva and Josh on the couch cuddled up in their robes.

"Hey Reg. You sleep good?" Riva said in a husky voice and I laughed shortly to myself.

"Who stole your voice?" I commented slyly and Riva lifted her head to shoot me daggers.

"Shut up Kam... sleeping outside like a damn wolf."

"Well shoot, good morning to ya'll too." I said going in the kitchen behind reggie and chuckled seeing Riva flip me the bird.

"You winding her up this early?" Reggie commented and I waved him off.

"She too easy to piss off, I love seeing her sweat." I said as he came up behind me trying to get to the Ciroc.

"You're drinking already?!" I said with my eyes half bugged out and half intrigued.

"I know you ain't leave 3 kids at home to come out here for a snooze?" He probed and I rose my brow watching him sip the content of his glass.

"...You not having none?" he finished and I sucked my teeth taking the cup from his hand and took a swig.

-
"Yoooo Kam is wilding." Hood said tapping though his phone. I shook my head and waved him off.

"She enjoying herself, I ain't trippin." I said not trying to sound affected, although I was.

"You a real man... A real nigga would be ready for a shoot out. Look at this?!" He shouted attempting to show me his screen but I didn't need to see it again. Besides every blog site posting it already, I had watched from my fake accounts a while ago.

"She good." I said slightly more aggressively than anticipated. I knew Hood enough to know he wanted to get a rise out of me when it came to Kam, he thought our drama was a joke. Good thing I didn't pay him to think.

The video he spoke of must've been taken last night because it was almost mid-day and she hadn't text or called to check on the kids.

I was home for 3 days between shows so I got them from her mother yesterday, and she'd pick them up later today when she got back.

"Nova you hungry baby?" I said bouncing my daughter in my arms. She usually was so receptive to me, but since last night she'd been so irritable. She clearly missed her mother. Kam had never spent more than a day away from Zion and probably less from Nova.

"Hold up. I'll be right back" I said handing Nova to hood. He talked shit but I trusted him with my kids.

"Wsup?" I said answering Kam's call. I heard muffling in the back before she finally spoke.

"Hey, how are the kids?" she started and I had to pull the phone from my ear to make sure I was taking to the right person.

"First of all. I'm good, I see you good too, your kids are fed and thriving, with no thanks to you." I shot and immediately I wanted to take it back, I had been holding in my frustration of the situation but now I had to face it.

"Since we're talking first, don't ever come at me like that. If you're mad I took 3 days to enjoy myself then you're wack as fuck, but just say dat." She shot right back and for a few moments there was silence on both ends.