Wedding Guest

Today was Lani's wedding (finally) after some date changes and almost cancellations, she was marrying the love of her life and I couldn't be happier for my cousin

"You look so, so beautiful cousin" I told her for what had to be the 12th time and she smiled widely again.

"You're going to make me cry Shea STOP!" She squealed and i fanned my teary eyes. When I watched her and her very soon to be husbands relationship I was so glad for them, but the whole marriage thing just had me bitter and i couldn't help how much distaste the thought left in my mind.

Her husband was a hugely successful black realtor and he worked and travelled a lot, the wedding being pushed back, and all the things that happened in the months leading to it reminded me so much of my ex-husband, and trying to be there for her and affirm that she was doing the right thing in marrying him was so triggering, but if there was one major difference in the scenarios it was that her man loved her to his core, there were no constrains, limitations or egos involved when it came to his love for and commitment to her. He worked alot, but when she really needed him he was there, when she questioned him, he always had an answer, and he always pushed her to be better- that's love.

"I'm sorry cousin, i'm just so happy for you." I said dabbing my eye and she chuckled. It was just she and I in the room as I was her maid of honour, and the other bridesmaids and our moms had gone out into the ceremony hall to wait on her entrance.

"Are you sure you're okay with Michael being here?" She asked again, a question she'd asked me 6 times, prior to even inviting him and i fanned her off.

"Girl I wouldn't care if Donald Trump was giving you away. It's your day and i'm here to support you. He's your husbands friend and I would never ask you or him to alter your wedding for me." I told her genuinely and she smiled at me again.

"I love you." She said and I smiled again.

"I love you, now let's get you out there to your man!" I said bringing the high vibration back into the conversation, the mention of Michael could turn any mood down.

"Okay let's go, don't trip over my dress now bitch because i will keep walking and leave yo ass!" She joked making me laugh and I turned to follow her out and when we reached the entrance i signalled for the mini orchestra to begin playing and her twins along with heiress and her bestfriends daughter walked out with the flowers and rings.

I almost fell out crying watching as Zion sat in my mothers lap so sweetly and innocently clapping his sister and cousins along, I already checked him in the car this morning to not do too much because my baby was a nutter and he'd listened.

"Are you ready Mrs Paige?" I asked and she turned to me with the most self assured smile I'd ever seen and nodded before turning back and began walking with me holding on to her train behind her.

-

"That was so beautiful!" My mom gushed following the ceremony. We were making our way over to the reception area which was in the same venue and she had so kindly taken care of the kids for me all morning.