Fill Me In

"It's a miracle baby

"It's a miracle baby. You're alive. oh my God." ???? What the hell?

"Mom, what's going on? Where's Chris, where are the babies?!" I said almost immediately becoming frantic and my mother leaned over me to press the call button on the monitor I was hooked up to.

"Mom, talk to me please, what's going on?" I was honestly scared out of my mind - all i remembered was passing out after pushing out my baby boy. I looked down at my fingers that looked a lot less swollen than the last time i'd seen them and scanned the hospital room that was full of flowers. How the hell long was I out for?

"Shea, I can't tell you anything without a Dr'-" She started, her face full of tears - as the Dr, who I wasn't familiar with came rushing in with his nurse.

"Mrs Brown - I'm so so happy to see you up. How are you feeling?" He asked clearly trying to keep me calm and neutral, but all these eggshells they all seemed to be walking on was scaring me and where the hell was Chris?!

"Dr, I feel fine. I just want to know what happened and where my family are. I just want to see my babies - are they okay? Did something happen to them?!" I asked frantically sitting up and I looked to my mom for answers when i realised my stomach was completely gone - No bulge - nothing.

"Mrs Brown... After the birth of your twins you went into a septic shock and lost consciousness. The twins had a successful birth and have continued to thrive..." he explained and my eyes furrowed slowly processing his words.

"They're 9 months old now... You've been in a coma since." He said finally and I heard my mother let out a pent up cry as he broke the news to me.

"What?..." I muttered too weak to speak.

"Mom... this is a joke right?.. Where is my husband? W-wh-" I started but couldn't finish before i shouted out in disbelief.

"We've called your family. They'll be here soon. It's a miracle that you're alive and have full recollection Mrs Brown... We'll leave you and your mother to talk" The Dr said, clearly moved by the interaction and and soon as he left my mom came over throwing her arms around me.

"I thought we lost you baby. I'm so sorry. I can't thank God enough." She said rocking me as I cried out.

"Mommy, what is he saying, what's happening ma?" I cried in disbelief as she held on tightly to me.

"Baby, God don't make mistakes. We really thought we lost you." she said still in hysterics and I held on to her arm realising none of this was ever going to make sense to me.

"Ma this can't be real. Please tell me this isn't true." I cried again and she held my face in her hands.

"I don't know baby. I don't want to know, all I know is you're here now and we're going to get you back on your feet." She said before pulling my face in to kiss my forehead.