Conflict

"Kam please

"Kam please. Say something." He plead, pulling his briefs up as i moved to stand and put my robe back on.

"...Are you fucking her?" I asked plainly with my back to him and snatched away when i felt him go to touch my arm.

"Of course not baby. I don't even see her like that - it was just a slip of the tongue I swear." He fought and stupid as I was I believed him - but i'd be a fool to let him off that easy.

"Have you thought about fucking her?" I shot snapping my body back to look at him and he furrowed his brows as if I were crazy for asking.

"No, no baby of course not." He almost whispered coming up to my face and I stepped back.

"It has to be something Chris! I been away all this time - I didn't want to ask because a really naive part of me wanted to believe I didn't need to worry..." I said quieter now.

"Kamaiyah. I can admit, i've had urges...I'm a man, i've had urges... But i swear on everything - on our kids. I have not touched another woman." He spoke sternly, his voice not shaking once.

"I made an oath to you - to God, I promise you as your husband, I have not stepped outside of our marriage." He spoke just as directly and i stared up at him without response for a moment.

"...I believe you Chris. But you obviously give a fuck about this girl... Is that it?" I probed and he rolled his eyes clearly getting upset now.

"No - no! That's not it"

"Look I get it, you've built a relationship - she's been here clearly super involved in day-to-day with the kids while I haven't been here and the familiarity got to you. It's not crazy. If you have feelings for her, just say t-

"You can't put that on me Kam!"

"You just said the bitch's name while I had your dick down my throat and you want me to just accept that there was nothing to it?! Chris I know you!" I shouted and at this point we were in a shouting match.

"You promised me after the last time this stuff came up that you forgave me and you wouldn't keep punishing me or judging me by a standard that we'd moved past. I can't defend myself against shit that you told me was behind us. It ain't fair Kam."

"What's not fair, is my husband saying another woman's name during sex - I got to defend my doubt against that." I said finally and he shook his head knowing we weren't getting anywhere.

"I love you Kam. I want you - only you. Let me show you how much I've missed you. Baby i've missed you so much." He said trying to come back up to my face and for a moment I let him get close enough to start pecking down my neck, and in that moment - I wanted to let him do that. So I did.

"That was amazing." He said breathlessly once we were done and I breathlessly pressed a kiss into his lips.

"Fire the nanny. Or i'm leaving." I told him sternly and rolled over to go to my bathroom. I was back and she had to go.