Hit Different

"Hey sissaaaaaa" my cousin Lani sang as I watched her walk into my home

"Hey sissaaaaaa" my cousin Lani sang as I watched her walk into my home. She had a key as she regularly watched the kids along with hers here while I was working, or out and Rosa was off.

After visiting a couple years back she started dating a realtor here and when they got engaged she decided to move herself and her twins out here.

"Wsup mama. Where are the kids?" Asked looking around for the boys and she sighed walking closer to me and let out a long breath when she crashed into the couch.

"With their father for the week. I'm so happy to have them away!" She exclaimed and I laughed.

"I know how it is girl. Shit I basically got twins myself." I said coming down from a laugh and she waved me off.

"Shea you're better than me because if they didn't come out of me I would've been bounced." She said jokingly and I squinted trying not to take it personally.

"I love Heiress like my own so I don't even look at it that way." I told her honestly and she nodded.

"I wasn't trying to be shady or nothing Shea, you need to stop being so uptight." She threw. My cousin was - like me - a firecracker, and unlike some of my girls from out here, she never held her mouth when it came to me or my attitude. It was a good thing because we always shot straight, but we definitely butted heads at times.

"I am not being uptight. You always think I'm taking shit personal. I'm not." I said shutting the conversation down to avoid unnecessary animosity and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Whatever. Where are my lil crackheads anyway?"

"Chris literally just left to drop em off at one of their friends birthday parties, not for from here. These white people really be showing out. Why the hell a four year old got Justin Bieber for their birthday?" I responded and she laughed.

"They couldn't get baby shark or some shit?!" I continued making her laugh harder and joined her.

"That's crazy" she said calming down and sighed.

"So Chris was here?" She asked casually, but I knew she was prying as she always did.

"Yep." I said shortly standing to go into the kitchen. I walked back moments later with two wine glasses and a bottle of pink moscato and set it down on the table that was between us.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said because I felt a Chris conversation coming on and I really didn't want to discuss him right now. All anyone ever wanted to talk about these days was me and his relationship. I didn't want to hear the shit.

"We haven't had a proper conversation about it since it happened and frankly I'm tired of walking on eggshells bitch." She blurted taking a big gulp of wine and I rolled my eyes taking a sip too.

"Well how about. It's my business and I don't have to discuss it." I shot back and she nodded sipping more.

"You know what he did, you know we're not together so what's the big deal?!" I asked and she shook her head.