End of an Era

"What's up, come in

"What's up, come in." Reggie said clearly tired, before moving aside to let me in his home.

I felt so weird coming in here but I really had no choice. He casually nodded for me follow him through the house with very minimal convo before motioning me up his stairs.

"Where are we going Reggie? I can stay on the couch, it'll only be for a few ho-" I started and he placed his finger on his lip.

"Keep it down, my son is asleep." he whispered assertively and I motioned my mouth shut.

"I got you some wipes and face wash in the bathroom, you can get cleaned up in the en-suite. There's some spare towels if you want to take a shower. I put some of my tee's on the bed you can throw on." He said as he walked me in to what i guess was his guest room.

"This is too much, I didn't need you to do all this." I started and he waved me off.

"You're a woman, I can't have you sleeping on my couch. My son can't see that." He finished and I nodded, he was clearly a very protective father.

"I understand." I said while nodding and he half smiled.

"Yeah, he wake up and see you on our couch with your frontal half peeled back, and ya eyebrows missing imma have a lot of explaining to do." He joked smoothly and I couldn't help the laugh that perturbed from my mouth.

"Oh you are the worst!" I said elbowing him a little and he laughed too.

"I gotta be up in a couple hours though so i'll leave you to it." He said and i nodded before he stepped forward and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Goodnight." He said as he walked toward the door and i turned around with a small smile.

"Thank you Reggie" I said again and he chuckled before closing the door.

I quickly got out of the clothes i was in, got clean and got in the warm comfortable bed before falling asleep.

-

The sound of my alarm.

"Augh" I let out as i rolled over in the bed. I didn't drink much anymore so the hangover i was experiencing right now was not it. I can't believe how the night ended and I really did not want to hash shit out.

I got out of the bed in Reggie's over sized crew neck and I looked around the room. His house was nice, very manly. I still didn't know what he did for a living, but whatever it was, he was damn sure good at it. When Michael and I bought land here to build the house i live in now, it made sense to build from ground up than to buy because it was cheaper and a great investment, but Reggie must've been very good in the bank buying a home in this neighborhood.

"I can't go downstairs in this." I said looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. I needed to leave, but I was apprehensive to go downstairs, what if his son was up?