Savage

I sat there for minutes waiting on Mani to return from the bathroom

I sat there for minutes waiting on Mani to return from the bathroom. My mother's words kept playing on my mind and it had completely shifted my mood.

My girl couldn't be pregnant, we were taking precautions, and outside of the slip-up last month we'd been so careful. She took the Plan B...right?

"Hello... Earth to Chris" Mani said waving in my face and I snapped back.

"Are you okay? You been acting weird since you got back over here." She commented as she went on eating and I shook my head.

"It's nothing babe, i'm just kinda taken a back by this whole thing. My mom and I have been through a lot, i'm just glad she's found love." I told her and she put her fork down for a second to take my hand in hers as she wore a small smile.

"She's an amazing woman, I mean look how good you turned out." She said making me blush a little and she giggled at my child like reaction.

"You think so?" I asked as she got closer to my face and she nodded before pecking me.

"I know so. You're a great father too, so I know it rubbed off." She said sweetly rubbing my face.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" I told her again and she smiled.

"This food is so good babe, Mm!" She said changing the subject and I chuckled watching her do her happy jiggle.

"Oh wait, isn't that Kamaiyah?" She said nodding up to where Kam sat with her neighbor and I turned my head to look over momentarily before turning back to her.

"Yeah that's her. Why?" I asked, trying my hardest not to show my distaste and she rubbed my knee.

"You going to introduce us?" She asked finally and I felt my hands get all clammy again. Outside of me literally having cheated on her with Kam, I knew it would be an awkward ass intro. Mani was so sweet and open, Kam just wasn't, and I didn't want her to be disappointed in any way.

"I will. Finish eating so we can go dance." I said and she fanned me off.

"I'm done. Let's go!" She said and stood up adjusting her dress before pulling my hand for me to get up too.

"Ooo this is my jam." She said swaying to the music and for a second I got lost in the moment with her, holding on to her waist as we danced, my mom and Von hyping us up the whole time and before we knew it everyone was on the dance floor too.

"Oh I think my Aunt is bout to do a speech." I said, turning Mani in my hands and we stood waiting for her to quiten the room down.

"Ding ding ding. Ya'll shut up!" My aunt said into the mic and I chuckled into Mani's ear as she giggled under my arm, as did the whole room.

"First of all, I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you for coming tonight to celebrate Joyce and Von. Ya'll are all family and you know today has been a long time coming." She started and the whole room got silent.