Set back (Long chapter)

"Shea, talk to me baby

"Shea, talk to me baby. You can't keep crying like this you'll get sick." My mother cooed in her worry as she rubbed up and down my back soothingly as i cried in her lap uncontrollably.

I couldn't speak, because i didn't have the words. All I could do was cry. My heart was in pieces and this time i really couldn't see it being mended. I'd been at my mother and Russell's condo for hours, at this point it was almost the wee hours of the morning and I hadn't stopped crying long enough to even think straight. I was glad I had my mother in LA to even be here for me, she moved while I was in the coma to be closer to me and help Chris with the kids, and was planning to head back pretty soon, but now I felt like she'd need to stay to help me get through this. I was getting a divorce, nothing would change my mind but a miracle.

"I feel like i'm at a funeral mama. I can't stop." I squealed this time and she wiped her own eyes that had become watery.

"What happened baby? You got to talk to me." She pushed and I tried my damnedest to control my breathing to speak again.

"Jasmine is pregnant ma. She's pregnant by him." I cried hearing the words leave my own mouth and watched my mom hold on to her mouth in disbelief.

"That's not true. That can't be true Shea." she said clearly moved and i cried out again.

"He gave me a bullshit excuse about her asking him for his sperm and them never actually having sex. Ma honestly, I'm so confused right now. I'm mad, i'm angry. I want to hurt him." I said as my mother squinted clearing trying to understand.

"Not if I catch him first." She said taking me by surprise, so much so that I actually chuckled.

"He deserves for you to be angry at him baby, hell i'm pissed off. But you got to talk to him. Running won't fix anything." She said once i'd stopped crying long enough for the room to fall silent.

"I don't want to fix it ma. I just want to get this divorce and get on with my life as soon as possible."

"DIVORCE?!" she shouted, clearly shocked and I rolled my eyes at her dramatics.

"Divorce ma. I can't do it - I would've understood if this was anything else. If the circumstances were different and Jasmine came to the both of us - i would've probably even supported her - but this? I can't do. Keeping this from me for over 2 months, doing it while I was in a coma? That man don't give a fuck about me."

"Watch your mouth."

"Sorry."

"He loves you Shea. I watched him every single day in that hospital."

"Yeah and look what he was doing in his spare time?" I hit back and i must've gagged her a little because she didn't respond for a while.