Wholock #2

A/N this one is the second part of this little wholock rant I am on. In this one, Sherlock is the Doctor and he comes and saves a very depressed John Watson from himself. Enjoy<3 !!!!!

The clinic was busy today, people filling the small waiting room complaining about one thing or another. I didn't hate this job, not really. I was just having a hard time finding a point to all of this; the mundane schedule and boring clients. There were days I missed the war. At least there I didn't have time to be bored. There was always something to do in the army. I rubbed my hands across my face and started packing up my paperwork. I was planning on going home and breaking open some scotch. I left my small exam room and made my way through the lobby. I bid farewell to Mary, our latest hire. She seemed like an OK lady, though she really didn't have the best bed-side manor. I stepped out onto the chilly street and headed for home, turning my coat collar up against the wind. I had made it to my front door, but couldn't find it in myself to enter. I stared at the door, trying to talk myself into going into the boring flat that I inhabited.

"You're oscillating." A deep voice cut through my thoughts, causing me to spin around. A tall man stood behind me, leaning against a large blue box. Both the man and the box seemed out of place and like they belonged at the same time.

"I'm oscillating?"

"You are hovering outside the door without entering; also known as oscillation. That is commonly known as a sign of a love affair, but I really don't think that is why you are here." He pushed himself off of the police box and stepped closer to me, his coat collar standing tall against his cheekbones. He was taller than me, holding himself with a confidence that I could only dream of possessing. "No, you don't carry yourself as a man who's got any kind of romantic life. You look more like a man who hates his life and just wants it to be over." My stomach knotted, how the hell did this stranger know that?

"Who are you?" I asked, steeling my voice and straightening my posture, trying to look braver than I felt.

"How were you planning on doing it? An overdose, pills?" The man was inches from me. He was so close to me I could smell him, a mix of cinnamon and old books. "Or were you going to use a gun?" I looked away, taking a deep breath to try and contain the emotions that threatened to spill over.

"Who are you?" I asked again, drawing a slight smirk from the strange man.

"I am The Doctor."

"You are a doctor?"

"In a manner of speaking, now what is your name?" This strange man spoke fast, almost too fast for my mind to keep up.

"John."

"John, simple and easy to remember, I like It." My cheeks flushed at those words. Why would such a brilliant man be interested in a boring person like me?

"Why are you outside my place?" I asked, trying to distract myself from how close I was to this mysterious person.

"I was summoned."

"Summoned? No one summons anyone anymore."

"You did." Those words caused confusion and fear to grip my chest

"I-I wait what?" He smiled at me, grabbing me and spinning me to face the strange box.

"Your misery drew her here, and in turn drew me here." I was confused, and I threw a look at the Doctor that must have expressed that, because he rolled his eyes and once again grabbed me. He spun me to face him and ducked down to look at my eyes. His pale blue ones met mine with a question burning within them. "John, what if I were to tell you that there is so much more out there?"

"What does that even mean?"

"I am a time traveller John; I travel through space and time. And apparently my T.A.R.D.I.S. thinks I need a companion." He threw a glare back at the box as he spoke.

"What is a T.A.R.D.I.S.?"

"Seriously, I just told you that I travel through time and space and the only thing you can think to ask is 'what is a T.A.R.D.I.S.?'" The Doctor laughed, stepping back and running his hands through his hair. My head was spinning.

"What did you expect? You want me to freak out and have a meltdown about the time travelling thing?" He spun back to face me, shock painting his features. I was getting frustrated with this strange man, always treating me as though I was less intelligent than he was. It was probably true, but that didn't mean I was ok with being treated that way. "I am sorry if I am a little slower than you but that is just where my mind is right now. So why don't you shut up and give me a bloody moment!" I hadn't meant to shout at him, but my frustration had boiled over. He froze, looking slightly affronted at my harsh tone.

"I apologise, I forget sometimes that the human mind doesn't work as fast as mine." I got the feeling he was not used to apologising for anything. I nodded, relaxing as he smiled softly at me, clasping his hands behind his back and giving me a moment to process.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, not sure what I was expecting.

"You are a Doctor. Not just that, you are an army doctor correct?"

"Yes."

"You've probably seen lots of trouble then?"

"Yes. Yes way too much. More than anyone should have to." The man stalked closer to me, I started backing up, soon finding myself pressed against the Doctor's T.A.R.D.I.S. He stood inches away from me, his arms pinning me to the cold wood behind me.

"Want to see some more?" His voice lowered until it was just above a whisper, filling with mischief that caught my attention. I couldn't. It is irresponsible and probably dangerous.

"Oh god yes" I whispered back, the grin that filled his face causing one to split across mine. He pushed away from me, throwing his hands in the air and spinning in a circle.

"Gorgeous! This is going to be interesting John, very interesting indeed."

"No shit Sherlock." I laughed, watching the crazy man dancing in the street.

"Oh I rather like that, Sherlock has a good ring to it. I suppose that would make you my Watson eh?"

"I suppose so."

"Well then, the game, Doctor Watson, is on!" He brushed past me and threw open the door to the box, signifying the start of what I was sure would be the greatest adventure of my life.

I couldn't wait.

aohlZvRN'Ge C