Publishing Deal

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!!! So sorry I haven't posted in a while!! It's been a rough few days...had to help a friend move then came down with a wonderful case of the flu...slept through Wednesday and had a fever for most of the day...so needless to say writing wasn't really a good idea lol....anyways...Enjoy<3

Sherlock was busy testing different chemical reactions with the different blood type when John came home. There was something different in the way he raced up the stairs today, a level of excitement tainting his footsteps as he took the stairs two at a time.

"Sherlock?" John's voice carried through the flat as he entered. He sounded happy, and Sherlock couldn't help the smile that pulled at his lips.

"I'm in the lab." He called down, quickly wrapping up his experiment so he could give his excited husband his full attention. John bounded up the stairs, swinging open the door to what used to be his bedroom. He turned to look at the shorter man, feeling his heart swell at the excitement he saw on John's face. "What's going on Love?" He asked standing and stepping over to wrap his husband in his arms. John was almost vibrating with excitement as he grinned up at Sherlock. He pulled a white envelope out of his back pocket and pressed it up against Sherlock's chest. The detective opened the envelope and scanned his eyes over the folded paper within.

"They're publishing my book." John's grin grew impossibly wider and he started bouncing on his toes. About a month prior, John had re-written all his old blog posts into a collection of short stories and sent them off to a publisher. It had been a long wait, and even though he hadn't said, Sherlock could see that he was nervous. "They offered me a contract and a publishing deal."

"That is brilliant!" Sherlock grinned, placing his hands on either side of John's smiling face and pulling him up for a kiss. "I'm so proud of you My Love." John was grinning wider than Sherlock had seen in years. "My published writer." Sherlock kissed the laugh off John's lips, gripping his hips and pulling the shorter man close.

"I'm not published yet."

"Doesn't matter. I'm still proud of you." Sherlock kissed him again, feeling his husband melt against him as he deepened the kiss. John had been through a lot in his life, and there were still days that Sherlock could see the pain he used to carry with him peaking through the peace in his eyes. "You deserve this and more." John blushed, tucking his head against Sherlock's neck and giggling.

"I love you." He mumbled against Sherlock's skin.

"I love you too." He kissed John's temple, sighing as John finally settled down against him. "We should celebrate."

"Celebrate?"

"Yes John. I believe it is customary for people to celebrate big news like this with a nice dinner, champagne, and then mind blowing sex." John laughed, leaning up and kissing Sherlock deeply, running his hands along Sherlock's sides, drawing a shiver from the taller man.

"Any way we could switch the order of that?" Sherlock fought back a moan as John's voice turned dark and he gently bit his bottom lip, sucking softly on the skin. Sherlock chuckled deeply, spinning John around and pressing him against the counter. John let out a soft sound of surprise at the action, giggling as Sherlock nuzzled against his neck.

"As enjoyable as that sounds, I would rather like to be able to walk to Angelo's tonight." John whined, squirming against Sherlock.

"But I like watching you squirm." John started pulling at Sherlock's buttons. "It's like our own little secret, no one knows just how well fucked you are." Sherlock felt his resolve slipping as John spoke. "I do though, and its so hot." John bit down on Sherlock's collarbone, sucking lightly and making Sherlock's knees weak.

"You're a bad man, Doctor Watson-Holmes." Sherlock chuckled, feeling John's grin widen against his skin. They had been married for nearly five years and John still had a tough time believing it sometimes.

They had a rough road getting to this point, but Sherlock refused to think on what could have been. He pulled back from John's grip, taking his husbands face in his hands and staring into those dark blue eyes that he had fallen so hard for.

"I'm so proud of you John." He whispered, smiling softly at the blush that rose over John's cheeks. "I love you so much." John's eyes filled with tears and he blinked rapidly. Sherlock leaned down and captured John's lips in a tender kiss.

"Fuck Sherlock." John sniffled, wiping at his eyes and hiding his face in the taller man's neck. "How you make me feel so much I'll never know." Sherlock wound his arms around his husband and held him close. "I love you too." John, leaned back, resting his hands on Sherlock's chest and smiling up at him. "Now, let's go get something to eat eh? Then when we get home, I'm going to hold you to that promise of mind-blowing sex." Sherlock grinned, leaning down and kissing his husband gently.

John stepped around Sherlock, heading downstairs to get ready for dinner, leaving the detective to his thoughts.

John had been through so much, more than any man should ever have to go through. It gave Sherlock so much joy to see his husband that happy. He sighed, grinning happily as he finished closing his experiment.

Dinner was lovely, and Sherlock made sure that everyone they spoke to knew about John's publishing deal and how proud he was of his husband. Angelo even gave John a hug and a kiss when Sherlock told him, causing John to blush furiously and Sherlock to giggle.

The night ended with the pair stumbling up the familiar steps of 221B, grabbing at each other's clothes and giggling through their kisses.

"What are you boys doing this late?" Mrs. Hudson scolded, coming out to see what was happening.

"Hudders!" Sherlock pried himself off John, swaying against his husband and grinning. "Do you know who this man is?" He poked John's nose, pulling a giggle from the shorter man. "This brilliant, gorgeous, brave man?" John blushed, burying his face in Sherlock's neck and giggling.

"What are you going on about Sherlock?" Mrs. Hudson was smiling and blushing, not used to seeing her boys this open with their affections.

"This man, right here, is a published writer. People all over the world are going to read his stories and know just how amazing he is." Sherlock kissed John's temple, grinning against his skin. "And I will make sure the entire world knows just how proud I am of this beautiful man. My John."

"I'm not published yet Sherlock." The detective waved his hand in the air, dismissing John's statement.

"Technicality." He grinned at Mrs. Hudson, holding John close. "Now, if you'll excuse us Hudders, I believe my wonderful husband wants to take me upstairs and bugger my brains out."

"Sherlock!" John blushed darkly, swatting Sherlock's chest and hiding his face in the taller man's neck. Mrs. Hudson huffed, turning and heading back into her flat. "You can't say things like that Love."

"Why not? It's true, and now she knows to turn on her iPod." John laughed and kissed his husband.

"You will be the death of me Sherlock Watson-Holmes."

"Yeah, but you will love every second of it John Watson-Holmes."

"Not going to argue with that."

"I love you John."

"I love you too Sherlock."