UniLock

A/N  So funny story...MandyFullertonLee and I may have gotten drunk together and this idea got stuck in my head. In this, John dated Mycroft before he met Sherlock. Just adds a level of discomfort between John and Mycroft that I kind of enjoy. I should just say that I DO NOT SHIP JOHN AND MYCROFT!!!! I am strictly Johnlock and Mystrade, I just got stuck on this and had to write it lol. Sorry this took so long to upload...inspiration has been not flowing as well as usual these days..... Enjoy <3

Sherlock was nervous. It was his first year at this college and he already hated it. The only reason he was here was because this school had the best Forensic Science department in the country. Mycroft had suggested that he try the program. He had resisted in the beginning, loathing the idea of following in his older brother's footsteps. Yet here he was, walking into Saint Bartholomew alongside Mycroft for his first day. They got their class list and went their separate ways. Sherlock made his way to the chemistry lab, taking a seat and pulling his notebook out to take notes.

"Mind if I sit here?" The new voice broke Sherlock's concentration and he glanced up to see a familiar face smiling down at him. John Watson, one of Mycroft's ex-boyfriends from last year. There was no recognition in the older boy's face and he realized that he had no idea who he was talking to. He nodded and shifted his chair to make a bit of room. John smiled and sat next to Sherlock, pulling out a pen and a handful of papers. "I'm John by the way." Sherlock found himself enthralled by his voice. He felt his cheeks darken slightly and he cleared his throat.

"Sherlock," He tried to sound uninterested, almost wincing at the slight tremble that betrayed his emotions.

John watched the young man that had caught his eye, there was something familiar about him, but he just couldn't place it. He didn't look old enough to be here, but judging by the efficiency with which the boy used the complex machine in front of him, he assumed he wasn't as young as he looked.

"So, how long have you been studying here?"

"About thirty minutes." John could help but chuckle at the response. Why did this boy seem so familiar?

"I'm sorry, but have we met before?" He saw the boy tense and instantly began filing through all the people he hooked up recently. This stunning man was not on that list. What a shame that was.

"No, we haven't met before. But I do believe you know my brother." Realization dawned on John as an image of his ex-boyfriend flashed through his head. Of course, it made so much sense! He could see the resemblance now.

"You're Mycroft's little brother aren't you?"

"Yep,"

"Oh dear Jesus, I'll bet you just hate me don't you?" Sherlock was shocked. Why would John think he hated him? Part of the reason Mycroft had broken up with John was because he learned that Sherlock had feelings for him. They had only met once, back before Sherlock's growth spurt last summer, so it wasn't surprising that he didn't recognize him. John looked better than ever.

"Why would I hate you?"

"Well my relationship with your brother really didn't end very well."

"So, why would that affect my opinion of you?" John chuckled, now he could definitely see the resemblance. Sherlock talked with a similar bored tone that the elder sibling did, though Mycroft wasn't nearly as attractive as his younger brother.

"Well, most of the time the ex-boyfriends are hated by the siblings when things go sour."

"I don't see why I would hate you. It's not like you broke Mycroft's heart or anything."