Envelopes

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!!! This one is super short and fluffy and full of cuteness...my way of apologizing for the hell I rained down upon those of you that are reading The Wayfinder and the Siren....If you are looking for a shitstorm of angst then you should check it out lol....then read every fluffy thing you can find to repair your soul...Enjoy<3

"Papa Lock?" The sweet voice of little Rosie pulled Sherlock from his Mind Palace, where he had been constructing a new wing he could dedicate to John and Rosie. They were taking up most of the space an he needed more room for data.

"Hmm? What's wrong My Love?" Sherlock swung his legs off the sofa and slid off, kneeling before Rosie. He was always astounded by how much the little girl looked like her father.

John and Sherlock had been dating officially for nearly a year, and Rosie and Sherlock had become very close. He loved the little girl more than anything.

Rosie grinned at him and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, pressing a sweet kiss to his cheek.

"I love you, Papa Lock." She whispered, a grin automatically pulling at his lips.

"I love you too, My Dear Watson." He whispered, not fighting the happiness that filled his heart. Rosie released him, pushing a small bundle of paper into his hands before stepping back. "Did you make this Sweetie?" Rosie nodded, grinning brightly. "It's lovely."

"You have to open it Papa Lock." Sherlock chuckled and started carefully opening the paper.

It was held together with tape and string, coloured in with crayon and covered in glitter. By the time he got the little envelope open, he was covered in glitter and vowing to never buy the child the stuff again.

Tucked into the centre of the unfolded paper was a makeshift sleeve, that contained a folded piece of paper.

There were words scrawled on the paper and Sherlock felt his heart soar was he read them.

"Will you be my Daddy?" Sherlock looked up at Rosie and saw the sweet child twisting side-to-side, her thumb stuck between her lips. Sherlock huffed a laugh and coaxed the thumb from between her teeth.

"Oh, Baby don't suck your thumb." He blinked away tears and grinned at the child, his daughter, pulling her into his arms and hugging her tightly. He pressed kisses into her hair and laughed.

"You didn't answer her." John's voice came from the kitchen door, where he was propped against the frame. "You have to answer her question before I can ask mine." Sherlock leaned back and pressed a soft kiss to Rosie's nose, sniffling as he brushed her blonde curls out of her eyes.

"Of course, I would love to be your father My Dear Watson."

"Yay! Daddy it worked!" Rosie kissed Sherlock again before running over to John. He lifted her into his arms and kissed her gently, tears in his eyes and a huge grin on his lips.

"I know Bumble, now, why don't you go downstairs and tell Gamma Hudson? Papa and I will be down soon."

"Okay Daddy." He set the girl down and they watched as she ran downstairs.

"You gave her glitter?" Sherlock asked, wiping the tears from his eyes, undoubtedly leaving a streak of glitter on each eyelid.

"Yeah, that was mostly for me." John came and knelt before Sherlock, blushing lightly and wiping the glitter from Sherlock's face. "I like seeing you covered in glitter. Reminds me of that one case when you went undercover in that BDSM club. What was your name again?"

"Moonstruck, but you called me Pet." John laughed, leaning in and kissing the detective sweetly.

"I have something for you Pet." John whispered, sending a shiver through Sherlock's body. John reached into his pocket and pulled out another handmade envelope, once again covered in glitter and secured with string and tape.

Sherlock opened the envelope, more glitter falling onto his hands and lap. It was constructed in a similar method that Rosie's was, a small sleeve in the centre of the folded paper.

Tucked into this sleeve though, was a simple gold band.

"Marry me?" John asked, his voice shaking. Sherlock looked up at the man he loved, tears finally slipping down his cheeks as he saw the hope and joy in John's eyes.

"God yes." He whispered, leaning forward and catching John's lips in a searing kiss. He pulled John onto his lap, tugging at his shirt and latching onto his neck, sucking a bruise onto his fiancé's collarbone. He felt John laugh against him and started fighting with the buttons on his shirt.

"Babe, slow down. I promised Mrs. Hudson we would all go out to dinner to celebrate-"

"We have time."

"No, we don't. We have a reservation at seven and it's almost six thirty-"

"I'll be quick, promise, I just want to taste you." John laughed and pushed Sherlock away slightly, stilling his advances by cupping his cheek and dropping a soft kiss to the tip of his nose.

"You always say that, and you always wind up distracted Pet." John threaded his fingers in Sherlock's hair and tugged lightly. "But, Mrs. Hudson agreed to take Rosie for the night, so you will have plenty of time to play when we get back." With that, he pushed himself off Sherlock and stood, helping his fiancé to his feet. "I love you, Sherlock."

"I love you too John."