The Confession Wall

A/N So...This is an old prompt on Tumblr, but I decided to try my hand at writing my own version of it! Hope you like it!!! It's super fluffy and cute...Enjoy<3

I'm gay, and hopelessly in love with the Rugby captain. It was a simple sentence, written in tiny, nearly illegible handwriting, hidden away under some obnoxious love confession from a couple that had long since split, but it didn't escape the prying eyes of Mike Stamford and Greg Lestrade. The pair giggled gleefully as they pushed John Watson closer to the wall, pointing at the small confession.

The school had tried to paint over the Confessional Wall many times, the Head Master yelling at the students for defacing the entrance to the long-unused chapel, but had seemed to give up on keeping the words off the wall.

Now, John stood before the wall, his mind spinning as he read the words pointed out to him.

He was no stranger to students having crushes on him, he was Captain of the school team after all, but thus far all his admirers had been female.

Not that he minded, in fact, he was beyond flattered.

Over the summer, John had officially come out as Bisexual. He had only told Greg and Mike, but those two were incapable of keeping a secret, so now the whole school knew.

"You want us to figure out who your admirer is?" Mike asked, practically bouncing on his toes around John. "We can make flyers and post them around the school-"

"No!" John snapped, blushing furiously and spinning to face Mike, gripping his friend's shoulders tightly. "Don't do anything like that. If he wants to come and talk to me, he can, but I do not want you guys trying to force him out. Understand?"

"But John-"

"No, Mikey. Same goes for you Greg; no trying to figure out who it is." Both his friends reluctantly nodded, and John felt a tiny swell of relief, bidding his friends farewell and making his way home, mind still reeling at the thought of another boy having a crush on him.

When John walked into the school the next morning, the walls were covered with flyers. John ripped one of them off his locker, fuming as he read what was written.

He found Mikey and Greg hovering by the vending machines and stormed up to them, shoving the flyer against Mikey's chest and pushing him back against one of the machines

"What the fuck did you do?" He snapped, his cheeks burning with humiliation and rage.

"Relax John, we're just trying to help-"

"I told you to drop it Mikey! I told you I didn't want you to try to find him!" John slammed his hand against the machine next to his friend's head before backing away. "Take them down."