The Detective's Baby

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!! I have been toying with this idea for a while and finally, after a really rough night (my version of a Danger Night tbh) I decided to write it....It's super fluffy and really bloody cute. Hope you like it!! Enjoy<3

"John?" Sherlock's voice was soft, barely above a whisper, but John instantly looked up from his computer. Sherlock was sitting on the sofa, cradling a sleeping Rosie in his arms and looking wonderfully awestruck.

"What's up Love? I haven't seen that look since-"

"John! Not in front of the baby." Sherlock scolded, blushing softly. John chuckled quietly and pushed himself out of his chair, walking over to stand next to his boyfriend.

He loved watching Sherlock with Rosie, seeing the giant brain of the detective slow down to process the simple human in his arms. It was almost as satisfying as the feeling he got when he made the man's mind go offline while they were intimate.

"She fell asleep while I talked of mold cultures, just like her father." Sherlock's voice was so gentle, John felt a soft tug at his heartstrings.

"That's my girl." John grinned and took the child from Sherlock's arms, making his way up the stairs with his lover in tow. They tucked the sleeping child into her crib, watching her sleep for a few moments.

They finally made their way downstairs, John noticed the way Sherlock stayed quiet. Normally, when Rosie fell asleep in his arms, he babbled about her for hours once she was tucked away. Today though, he seemed lost in his thoughts.

John made them both a cup of tea, handing Sherlock his mug before going and settling on the sofa, leaving lots of room for the lanky man to stretch out as he always did.

"I want a child." Sherlock's declaration nearly made John choke on his tea.

"You are aware that we have a child, right? You know, that little lump of skin we just put to bed?" John could almost feel the eyeroll his boyfriend sent him.

"I'm being serious, John."

"Alright then, come here, let's talk." Sherlock sighed heavily, but obeyed, flopping down on the sofa and resting his head in John's lap. Sherlock hated it when John made him sit and talk, but it was the deal. John knew that if he didn't enforce the talking thing, nothing would get discussed and this wonderful thing they had finally started would fall apart. "So, what do you mean you want a child?"

"Exactly what I said."

"Sherlock."

"I mean, I was reading online today that it is better to have two children than it is to have one. That way the child learns the benefit of sharing and how to interact with other children appropriately." John smiled fondly at the man in his lap, carding his fingers through his hair and gently massaging his scalp.

"So you want another child so Rosie can learn proper behaviours?"

"Not just that-"

"But you are worried that she won't fit in, because it's us raising her." Sherlock's face changed from mildly irritated to lost and uncertain.

"Not exactly." Realization struck John and he stilled the movement of his fingers.

"You're afraid she'll pick up on your habits." Sherlock blushed and avoided his gaze, but John could read the shame and fear on the younger man's face.

"I-I'm not a good influence John. I can't teach her how to properly act around people-" John cut off his words with a gentle tug of his hair. Not enough to hurt, but enough to get the genius's attention.