Left

A/N So how many of you have seen Flubber? If you haven't go watch it. This fic is inspired by something that happened in that movie. The main character forgot that he was supposed to get married....THREE TIMES!!!! it just seemed like something Sherlock would do so that is what happened in this fic. A bit angsty but winds up pretty sweet. Enjoy <3

John was livid. This was the final straw, all he wanted was to marry Sherlock, yet the blundering idiot couldn't even remember to come to the wedding. Three times, John had convinced people to show. Every time he found himself waiting at the end of an empty aisle. He was done. He wandered the park alone, trying to determine how he was going to tell Sherlock that he had missed his last chance. He already made plans with Harry to crash there for a few days; he just had to make Sherlock understand. He made his way to a slightly hidden bench in the middle of the park and pulled out his handkerchief, fiddling with the soft silk. He lost track of how long he sat there, playing with the fabric between his fingers.

"John," He heard the soft, familiar voice of his fiancé and felt every emotion he had been fighting rush to the surface. His eyes filled with tears and he pressed the silk against his mouth, trying to stifle the sobs that were ripping through his body. "John, can I sit down?" He didn't look up at the man before him, trying to calm himself down enough to breathe. He saw the familiar shape of the man he loved so much kneel in front of him. He felt cold hands take his and grip them tight. He tried to pull away, but found Sherlock's grip to firm for escape.

"Leave me alone Sherlock." He tried to growl through clenched teeth, his voice rough from emotion.

"No, no I'm not moving until you let me explain."

"I am not interested in your explanations this time Sherlock."

"Please, John just hear me out-"

"No. I am not going to 'hear you out' anymore." John ripped his hand violently from his lover's and stood, stepping around him and starting to walk away. He felt a hand on his elbow and spun around, swinging his fist as he did so. He felt his hand connect with Sherlock's jaw and saw the taller man stumble backwards. "You left me at the fucking alter, again!" He shouted, tears still flowing and his whole body trembling with anger and hurt.

"John-"

"No, you can't just do that Sherlock! You can't just expect me to wait for you forever! It isn't fair to me or to our friends that want to celebrate with us!" Sherlock was gingerly touching his jawbone and timidly trying to approach the angry doctor. John bowed his head and placed a hand over his eyes, violent sobs causing him to shake. He felt the hesitant arms of his lover wrap around him and he couldn't contain himself anymore, melting into the embrace. No matter how angry he was at the detective, he could never resist the arms of this strange man. He cried into the firm chest, just letting Sherlock hold him.

"John, I am so, so sorry." Sherlock's voice was trembling, and John could feel his lips trembling against his hair. "I just about killed myself when I realized I had missed the ceremony. I practically ran to the church. I know I am not a good person. I am selfish and arrogant and I do not deserve someone as fantastic as you." John could feel Sherlock starting to tremble against him.

"Sherlock-"

"No, let me finish." There was a determination behind the emotion in his words. John felt him pull away and use those pale fingers John loved so much to coax his face up to meet his in a soft, hesitant kiss. Sherlock broke away and knelt before John, gripping his hands tight and looking up at his fiancé. John was still crying, his breath coming in awkward hitches as he looked down at the man kneeling before him. "John, I know I don't deserve this, but will you do the immense honor of marrying me?" John smiled sadly, almost saying yes before the memory of why he was here to begin with flooded his mind.

"I can't, I won't go through that again."

"Then don't, the courthouse isn't too far away and I know a judge that owes me a favour. We can get Lestrade and Molly and Mrs. Hudson to meet us there and then we can all go out to Angelo's for dinner. Then I can have Mycroft get us on the next flight to anywhere in the world you want to go." John felt fresh tears falling and his heart breaking once more. "Please John; please just give me another chance." Sherlock's voice was cracking as he pleaded and John was certain that he couldn't love this man more than he did right now. He nodded and pulled the detective to his feet, gripping the back of his neck and pulling him in for a soft kiss.

"I love you, Sherlock Holmes."

"I-I- love you to, John Watson." John felt his heart swell at those words. Sherlock very rarely said that, he was not the most affectionate person ever. "I love you so much, and I must say; you do look rather dashing in that suit." John blushed at those words, feeling Sherlock's hands grip his hips and pull him closer. "I am fairly certain we have more than enough time to celebrate our upcoming union before the courthouse closes." John giggled and kissed his fiancé once more before pulling away and leading him out of the park.

"We can't have sex in the middle of the park, again. Something tells me Lestrade wouldn't want to get another one of those calls today." Sherlock snorted, sending both men into fits of giggles.

They gathered their friends and Sherlock convinced the judge to perform the ceremony. The group celebrated at Angelo's then Sherlock and John were off to Tahiti for their honeymoon. They were happier than they could ever imagine.