Chapter 3

4 Years Later - Umi's POV - Age 17 - Jonin

I walk through the gates of Konoha, only to avoid being trampled by new Genin. I breath a sigh of relief and hear a chuckle. I look over to see Kakashi, I run over and hug him.

"Kakashi!" I say with a grin. "I haven't seen you in so long." 

"Umi, get off, Uchiha's are supposed to be professional remember? And I have to speak with you about something." Kakashi says the last part in a serious tone.

I step back and nod. "Let me report my mission to Lord Hokage first." I say to Kakashi and he nods.

"I'll walk you there and I'll wait outside." Kakashi says to me and I nod.

We start walking to the Hokage office when I see a boy with yellow hair get picked on. "Kakashi, is he Kushina's?" I ask quietly as I point to the boy.

"Yeah." Kakashi says to me.

I walk over and scowl at the villagers. "You people are low. How dare you pick on a kid." I say to them and the boy looks up at me.

"Your an Uchiha, we don't like you." One of the villagers says to me and I clench my fist from the venomous voice they used when they said my clan name.

I look at them as the boy stands behind me. "If you don't like me, then so what. You will not pick on a kid. How would you feel if you were being picked on by adults?" I ask them in a serious tone and a calm unwavering look in my eyes, that makes them shut up. "Come on kid, lets go to Lord Hokage." I say bending down to look at him with a smile.

"Ok." He says nervously.

"You don't need to be afraid of her, she's on your side."

I look over to see Itachi and Sasuke. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask confused.

"Mother wanted us to get some groceries for dinner and we're also hunting for a cat." Itachi says to me and Sasuke grins.

"Oohhh, that. Well I hope you two have fun, I have a page of cats you guys can find if you want." I say and pull out a scroll, handing it to Itachi. I look back down at the kid. "Come on, I have to report my mission." I say with a kind smile.

Me, Kakashi and the boy walk to Lord Hokage's office and I knock.

"Come in."

I walk in with Naruto behind me. "Lord Hokage." I say with a small bow.

"Ahh, Umi, and Naruto?" Lord Hokage says the last part shocked.

"So that's his name? Well while I was passing by to get here, I saw him being picked on by a group of villagers, I stopped them before they could harm him." I say to Lord Hokage and he frowns.

"I see, and your mission Umi?" Lord Hokage asks.

I pull a scroll out. "Here it is Lord Hokage, it was hard to find, but I managed to track it down, only took me a few months though." I mutter the last part.

Lord Hokage takes it and looks at it. "Good job Umi." Lord Hokage says with a proud smile. "You really are the reigning prodigy of the Uchiha, its a shame that the clan will be taken over by Itachi when you could have led it to a new path." Lord Hokage says and I nod, knowing what he really meant.

"Thank you, Lord Hokage, but I could never rule over anything, I'm a person that tends to follow, but will step up if need be." I say to him and Lord Hokage chuckles. 

"Your dismissed, Naruto stay here." Lord Hokage says to us and I nod.

I walk out and release a sigh. "All that work for a stupid scroll on how to treat face acne, geez, people these days are too worried about their complexion, if they didn't wear so much make up, they wouldn't have acne." I say as I walk down the steps with Kakashi next to me.