Chapter 36

A Little While Later - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

"So, Umi, how is being a mother to a toddler like?" Kurenai asks me and I smile softly.

"It's one of the best things that has happened to me, Shiro's good in somethings, but, in other things." I say and Kurenai smiles at that.

"Could you give me any tips?" Kurenai asks and I sit back into the couch thinking.

"Well I know a lot about taking care of babies, I'm the oldest sibling of three, they're easily amused, sometimes when they cry its because they're hungry but other times it's because their diapers are full, oh and when they're around 2, their teeth start to come in and that seems painful for them so they end up crying about it as well, some babies don't like to be startled or scared or left alone too much." I say to her and Kurenai nods.

I smile fondly of my memories of taking care of Sasuke and Itachi.

"Anything else?" Kurenai asks.

"Hmm, well, I mostly read about how to take care of babies, unfortunately my books were burned." I say and Kurenai nods.

"MOM!" Shiro yells as he runs in and dives towards me and hits my stomach with his head and I gasp in surprise and pain.

"Ow." I whimper slightly and Kurenai smiles nervously. "Hey Shiro." I say to him and he sits on my lap while looking at me. "Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No, I made a new friend." Shiro says with a grin and I smile at him. "She's really nice." Shiro says and I freeze.

Oh god, Kakashi, what have you and your perverted mind, do to this sweet innocent child.

"Oh really?" I ask with a smile and me and Kurenai share a glance and she nods. "Why don't you take me to her then?" I ask him.

"Ok!" Shiro says and jumps off my lap and starts dragging me.

"Shadow, Smoky." I say and Shadow jumps into my free arm while Smoky jumps on my shoulder and Shiro takes me to a play area in the village and pulls me over to a young girl around his age with pale blue hair and grey eyes and a pale blue sundress on with sandals.

"Uki." Shiro says to her with a smile and she turns to look at us.

"SHIRO!" She says and glomps him in a hug.

I see a teenager me and Kakashi when I look at the two.

"Uki, this is my Mom, her name is Umi, Mom this is Uki Yuzuma." Shiro says to us and I smile at her kindly and she looks at me with a nervous look.

"Its ok, I know I look intimidating." I say and I crouch down to their height and I set Smoky and Shadow down and they stare at her while I tilt my head to the side to look at Uki. "Is this better?" I ask her.

"Hmm." She says and walks around me while Smoky and Shadow rub up against Shiro's legs. "You an Uchiha!" She claims and I smile nervously.

"Yes, yes I am." I say and she climbs onto my back and hangs her head over and looks me in the eyes and I sweat drop nervously as she looks me in the eyes.

"You don't seem like a bad person." Uki says to me and we hear a chuckle and the surprises me and I lose my balance and I fall on my stomach with a yelp.

"KAKASHI!" I yell at him and he laughs in amusement while Uki scrambles off me and I stands next to Shiro as I get up and I walk over to Kakashi. I look up at him as he laughs. "Smoky, Shadow, NOW!" I yell and the two jump on Kakashi's face and he nearly loses his balance as they stay where they're at.

"Dirty trick." Kakashi mutters and I smirk.

"So is surprising me." I say and I jump onto his back while looking at Shiro and Uki. "Kakashi, Shiro has a new friend." I say and Smoky sits on my head while Shadow jumps down and walks over to Shiro.