Chapter 8

The Next Day - Umi's POV - Age 25 - Jonin

Me, Ru, Kiki, Jay and Jack stand in the Hokage office.

"I'm tired of all these chores." Ru complains.

I hit her on the head. "Ru, that's rude." I say to her and Lord Hokage chuckles at that.

"Ok Ru, what do you suggest?" Lord Hokage asks her.

"A better mission, like a C or B-Rank." Ru says to him with a grin and Kiki barks on her head while I face palm.

"What's the matter Umi? You hardly did any D-Ranks when you were a Genin." Lord Hokage says to me.

"That's because in the following six months of being a Genin, I made Chunin and I was only 7 at that time and I trained harder than my students." I say to him and Jay and Jack's eyes widen at me.

"That is true, well then, why don't we send you guys on a simple C-Rank mission, your to team up with a group of Genin and one Jonin from Iwagakure, there's been some bandits terrorizing a town and kidnapping young women." Lord Hokage says to us and hands me a scroll. "All the information on the mission is in that scroll Umi." Lord Hokage says to me with a kind smile.

I nod. "Ok, we'll be gone by noon, though I'd much rather set off now." I say and Ru grins.

"YES!" She yells and dashes out.

"This is going to be, how do I put it, eventful." I say looking at the place where she was and then at the now swung open door. "Ok, Jack, Jay, be at the gates by noon and don't fall asleep Jack." I say to the two and they nod and leave. "Misfits, I got landed with misfits, but, yeah, there's no but to this, they're misfits." I say as I walk out and I close the door behind me.

I walk to my apartment and I grab my mission bag and I walk out and close the door behind me and I lock it.

I walk to the gates and I wait.

"Mission?" Izumo asks and I nod.

"C-Rank, with Ru, Jack and Jay. This is gonna be very eventful." I say and they nod.

"Well don't forget, the Chunin Exams are coming up in a month or so." Kotesu says to me with a smirk.

I hit my head against the gate wall. "Great, another thing that will nag my mind on this mission." I say and the two laugh at my sulking aura.

Two of my three students get here within the half hour.

"Where's Jack?" I ask, already knowing what happened.

"Asleep. Like always." Jay says to me and I roll my eyes.

"He trains." I pause contemplating. "When I make him." I say and walk to his place and I knock on the door and his mother answers. "Where's your son?" I ask her.

"Oh, Umi, your here, what's going on?" She asks me.

I sigh. "That's it, my student is a lazy ass Genin, worse than Shikamaru." I say and she lets me in and I walk to Jack's room and I bang on his door. "Get up, if you forgot we're leaving on a C-Rank mission." I say through the door and it gets lazily opened by a half asleep looking Jack.

"I forgot." He says bluntly and roll my eyes and I pack his bag because he's too lazy to. "Your like a mother." Jack mutters.

"Yeah, my students are like children, being a mother is the only way to get you to listen." I say to him and I shove his bag into his hands and I drag him out of the house by the ear while his mother watches amused.

He complains while I drag him to the gate and once we get there Ru bursts out in laughter at the scene.

"Lets go." I say and let go of Jack.