Chapter 39

That Afternoon - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

"MOM!" Shiro yells and jumps on me and I groan.

"Shiro!" I yell and he laughs and gets off me and I sit up. "Let me guess, time to take you to Mrs. Yoshino's?" I ask him and he nods. "Alright, is your bag packed?" I ask him.

"Yes Ma'am!" Shiro says to me.

"You have your bathroom necessities?" I ask him.

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Your clothes?" I ask.

"Yes Ma'am!"

"Your jacket?" I ask.

"Yes Mom." Shiro says, starting to get bored.

"Alright, go wait for me at the door." I say and Shiro nods and leaves.

I get up and stretch and I change into my Shinobi Uniform and I carry Shiro's bags with me as we walk to Yoshino's.

"Mrs. Yoshino, we're here." I call and she answers the door.

"Well then, hell Shiro." Yoshino says to Shiro.

"Hello Ms." Shiro says to her and she smiles amused and leads us to the room he'll be staying in.

"Since we don't have a guest room, he'll be taking Shikamaru's room." Yoshino says to me and I nod and we see Shikamaru still asleep and I snicker.

"I know how to wake him up." I say to Yoshino who nods. I walk over to Shikamaru and I see him visibly tense and I flick him in the forehead, waking him up and falling off the bed at my feet. "Your awake." I say to him and Shikamaru looks up at me.

"I feel bad for Jack." Shikamaru mutters as he rubs his forehead and I smile.

"Mrs. Yoshino, can I get back at him for that comment?" I ask her.

"Yes, but be careful, we don't want brain damage." Yoshino says to me.

I nod and pick up Shikamaru by the front of his shirt as a sweet smile plays on my face and he sweats nervously and I drop him on his back and he groans. "Jack happens to like me as a Sensei, ask him if you have any doubts." I say to Shikamaru and five minutes later the two of us are in front of Jack who's sleeping under a tree and I flick him in the forehead and he wakes up. "Morning." I say and he jumps shocked. "Calm it, its only afternoon." I say to him with a smile.

"Jack, do you think Umi-Sensei is a good Sensei?" Shikamaru asks him bluntly.

"She can be." Jack replies vaguely.

"When is she?" Shikamaru asks him.

"She's a good teacher, she knows when to discipline us and can teach us the stuff she thinks we need to know." Jack says to him.

"Is she like that all the time?" Shikamaru asks him.

"For the last time, Umi-Sensei is my favorite teacher by far, she's cool when she isn't a drill sergeant trying to train us for something important. Like she has been for the war, she trains us, how do you think I became a good Medical Ninja with really strong Tai-Jutsu, I'm less lazy than before as well." Jack says to him. "Jay has loosened up because of her and Ru is a bit more tamed than she was in the academy, we got smarter in terms of battle and can win any fight because of her teaching." Jack says to him.

I smile, a little embarrassed. "Ok, and my point was proved Shikamaru." I say to him and Shikamaru groans.

"Did you only wake me up for that? I'm trying to cool my nerves before tomorrow." Jack asks me.