Chapter 48

A Week Later - Umi's POV - Age 30 - Mom

"Mom, are you awake?" Shiro asks as he walks into mine and Kakashi's bedroom to see me pulling my shirt down quickly to avoid him seeing any battle scars. "Mom, what were those scars?" Shiro asks me.

"I got them in The Third Great Shinobi War, when I was a kid, I did a lot of fighting and I always came out scathed." I say to him as I frown slightly. "But, they're nothing, are you ready?" I ask him.

"Yes." Shiro says to me with a grin and I put on my ninja sandals and I let Shiro braid my hair. "Where is Akemi?" Shiro asks me.

"With her father." I say and I sulk slightly and Shiro nods.

"Well come on." Shiro says to me with a grin as he grabs my hand I grab the keys as he pulls me to the door.

"Alright, where do you want to go first?" I ask him with a smile as we walk out the door and I shut and lock the door.

"Hmm, the Dango Shop." Shiro says to me with a grin.

I smile at him. "Alright." I say to him and the two of us head to the Dango Shop.

"Hello Umi, why are you here today?" The lady at the counter asks me.

"Its Shiro's Birthday and he insisted on coming here." I say to her.

"Well then, what would the Birthday Boy like?" She asks him.

"A dozen sticks of Mitarashi Dango." Shiro says to her with a grin.

"And you Umi?" She asks me.

"Some Green Tea flavored Dango." I say to her.

"With Green Tea as well?" She asks me and I nod. "Alright." She says to me and I pay the amount owed and we wait a couple minutes. "I remember you coming here with your little brother, Itachi." The lady says to me.

"Yeah, he loved coming here for his Birthday, me and Shisui always fought about who would pay the bill since he'd stuff his face with Dango." I say to her with a smile.

"That's true, at one point the bill was over two thousand Ryo." She says to me.

"That was a fight, Shisui finally gave up and we both paid a thousand ryo each." I say to her.

"Mom, who's Itachi?" Shiro asks me.

"Your other Uncle, he's, dead." I say and the lady nods.

"Oh." Shiro says to me.

I smile as the Dango plates get handed to me. "Thank you." I say to her and she nods and Shiro leads me to a table where I put his plates down and I set my plate down. "Happy Birthday Shiro." I say to him with a smile and Shiro grins as we he looks at all the Dango.

"Thank you Mom." Shiro says to me with a grin and he starts eating while I smile amused and I take my time eating my Dango and drinking my tea and we finish around the same time.

"Alright, now where do you want to go?" I ask him as we walk out of the Dango Shop.

"Hmm." Shiro says as we walk.

"Hey its Shiro and his scary Mom." Some kid says and a shadow casts over his eyes.

"Its the pansy Shiro who believes that the class should keep peace." Another kid says and Shiro starts to tremble.

"Look at that, he's trembling." The third kid says to them with a smirk.

"Shiro?" I ask him as I bend down with my hands on his shoulders. "Your being bullied aren't you?" I ask him and he nods slightly and I smile at him. "Don't worry, I'll have a talk with their parents, actually, their parents are good friends of mine, these kids shouldn't mess with you anyways, after all, your Jutsu is getting stronger along with your Tai-Jutsu and Sensory Skills, your a prodigy Shiro, these kids have no right to call you a pansy, they can call me scary, I honestly don't give a crap, I've been called scary all my life, but you, you are the peace keeper, got that?" I ask Shiro who nods. "Its your birthday, go ahead, give 'em a couple punches, I'll turn a cheek to it this time." I say and Shiro nods with a grin and I watch him punch the three and they stumble back.