Chapter 34

A Hour or so Later - Umi's POV - Age 27 - Jonin/Mom

"Mom, what is this?" Shiro asks as he points to my crest on the wall.

"That's the Uchiha Crest." I say and he looks at me confused.

"But its a fan." Shiro says and Kakashi smiles amused.

"Uchiha is another way to say Uchiwa, meaning paper fan. Uchiwa can be used to fan flames, making the flame hotter, it refers to the fact that the Uchiha are Fire Release Users." I say and he nods.

"Its a proud Emblem for the Uchiha, she doesn't take it lightly." Kakashi says to him with a closed eyed smile.

"Oh, I see, so, do you have a clan symbol too Dad?" Shiro asks him and Kakashi chuckles.

"Yes, but its plainer than Umi's." Kakashi says to him and he nods as Kakashi scribbles out the symbol of a cube, slanted to look like a diamond.

"Oh." Shiro says as he looks at both crests. "Then, if your part of a clan Dad, where are they?" Shiro asks and I sweat drop nervously.

"Well you see." I say trying to find the right words.

"Back in the warring states, the Hatake Clan was, well." Kakashi said as he fumbles with his words.

"They were kinda." I say and Shiro looks at us.

"Spit it out, I want to know." Shiro says to us.

"My clan was massacred by the Uchiha." Kakashi says to him.

"This was back when the Uchiha and Senju were fighting, the Hatake were trying to get peace, but ended up getting massacred when they interfered." I say and Kakashi nods while Shiro looks between us. "That's also why my father never really liked Kakashi, or his father Sakumo, also why Sakumo didn't like my father or me." I say and Kakashi nods.

"And why I resented Umi for the first few years we knew each other and why she resented me." Kakashi says and Shiro looks between us.

"Then why do you two love each other?" Shiro asks and we smile at him.

"Well, during the last war, our two best friends died, they were also fellow teammates of ours from when we were part of Team Minato, Obito saved me from the rockfall by pushing me out of the way, Rin jumped in the way of Kakashi's Chidori so she would die, that way she wouldn't let the three tails rampage through the village, after that, the two of us were side by side, figuring out the mess of emotions we were in, in the end, Kakashi joined ANBU while I moved up and joined the Konoha Police Force, when Minato-Sensei died." I trail off as a saddened look appears across my face.

"I joined ROOT, Umi made me promise her to ask for help if I wanted out and when I asked, she shut down ROOT and got on Danzo's bad side, ever since his death, we were side by side, doing missions together, becoming the strongest two man cell in the village, she was 14 and I was 16, maybe 17 around that time, we got to know each other for years and when Umi turned 20, her clan started to rebel against the village, she didn't want any part of it, so she quit the Police Force and decided to be a normal Jonin, she got sent on a mission and while on that mission, her clan was massacred." Kakashi says and glances at me.

"When I came back, Kakashi told me what happened and I went to speak with Lord Third immediately, I had this habit back then, I would hold my arm when I was deeply saddened, it took a while to get rid of and when my clan got massacred, all my efforts for that habit to break, went to nothing, when I spoke to Lord Third, he told me why my clan was massacred. They were gonna kill him and take over the village, my brother Itachi wanted no part in it as well, he was a double agent who had firm belief that what the village did, was right. I knew the Uchiha were unstable, there was nothing either of us could do to fix it, we could only stand on the sidelines, deeply disappointed in our clan for their downfall, Itachi was ordered to kill the Uchiha and become rouge, but, he spared Sasuke." I say and I frown.