Warmth

art by: cringeneutraaki on twitter

author note: i really hate this one shot but i haven't had time to write anything because i'm so so so sick. this has been in my drafts for awhile and i felt bad for being away so ... something is better than nothing eh?
and its spooky season so i guess it kinda fits?...

prompt: accidentally summoning a demon by @promptdumpster on tumblr

⚠️ small blood mention ⚠️
————

"You summoned me."

"It was an accident!" Zak explained, pacing around the room.

"How the heck do you summon a demon by accident?" The demon asked, irritated.

Zak looked him up and down, fearfully examining this strange creature that was oddly human shaped. He wore a dark black cloak with red lining, his face hidden by the hood. All Zak could see were the demons bright white glowing eyes that had been shooting daggers at him since the moment they met.

"I don't know! It just happened!" Zak replied, looking at his hands. He had accidentally sliced his hand with a pocket knife he didn't realize was open earlier, but that had to happen often, right? That couldn't be enough to summon a demon!

"You sliced your hand open at three in the morning, exactly, on a full moon." The demon barked.

Zak froze. "Can you read my mind?" He asked, quietly. The demon pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"No, I can just tell you have no idea what you are doing." He replied. "You look nothing like a professional summoner."

"Look, please don't eat me. I'm sorry for summoning you. You can leave and we'll just pretend like this didn't happen." Zak replied, taking a step backwards.

The demon, sensing his fear, took a couple large steps towards him. Zak gulped, feeling his back hit the wall behind him as the demon's face came close to his. He towered over Zak, caging him against the wall with his arms.

He paused for a moment, smirking down at the mortal boy. Zak could feel the heat flooding off the demon's body as their faces remained only inches apart. Zak shut his eyes tight in fear.

"I'm not going to eat you!" The demon chuckled, "But I am afraid you are stuck with me for a whole month."

Zak peeked his eyes open and blushed, embarrassed. "A month?" He questioned nervously.

"Unless you have an enemy you wish for me to murder, which I assume you don't, I am stuck here for a month. Then, the spell will wear off." The demon pushed off the wall and stepped back. He glanced down at Zak's bleeding hand with hidden concern.

"Ah, I should probably wrap this.." Zak observed, wincing at the blood dripping down his hand. The demon stepped to Zak and took his wounded hand between his own gently. Zak blushed harder as his eyes flashing with confusion. "First he looks like he's going to murder me, then he's acting concerned?"

He felt his hand burn like an acid had been poured on to it. Drawing in a sharp breath, he tried to pull it away, but the demon had a tight grip. As quick as it came, it was over, and all traces of the cut had disappeared. He felt like passing out. "I have got to be dreaming right now."

The demon laughed at his response. "This is all real. Get used to it."

Zak stumbled over to his bed and sat down, feeling dizzy. He grasped his now cut-free hand tightly. "So demons are actually real?"