Christmas Special: The Case of the Missing Gifts and Kids Part VII

Avie's Pov

I slowly opened my eyes and found out that I was inside the capsule like thing again.

'Where am I? What am I doing here?'

"The experiments shall be completed soon. Her body should be able to handle those things. She was once a lab rat"

Why does the voice sounded familiar?

I can't move my body! And I can't even speak!

Then, a figure of a woman appeared. She then smirked. "I'll make sure that this project would be successful"

I have no idea what was happening. I wanted to scream for help but I can't. I want to get out of here but I can't even move.

Smoke was filling the capsule and slowly, my eyes were closing. 

'No way.... Don't tell me its happening again? I don't want to be their lab rat anymore! I can't! I don't want to! Not anymore!'

Agad na napabalikwas ako ng bangon matapos kong managinip. 

Napahawak ako sa aking ulo nang makaramdam ako ng pagkahilo.

"Are you okay, Aviela?" A man with a messy hair asked me. My vision is still blurry so I can't identify who he is. I rubbed my eyes, fixing the vision. As soon as my vision became clear again, I saw Cali looking at me. He has this bored face of his.

"Yeah... I just have a little bit of a nightmare from that time." I replied. Why did dreamt of that time? That was a traumatic event that I don't want to experience again.

"That time?" he asked. "What the that time?"

I looked beside me, the four children were laying. They're asleep because of the sleeping gas that was thrown at us. Surely, they didn't breathe in a lot of that gas.

Speaking of, how on earth did we got out of the basement?

"Akhaya pried the trapdoor open. He used that hammer over there." Cali answered. Am I thinking out loud? "Nope, you are not. I can tell what you are thinking because you looked at the broken trapdoor with your brows furrowed." 

"I'm starting to think that you are a monster, Cali." I said, chuckling.

"A detective monster." He corrected me. I just rolled my eyes at him. "Moving on, can you tell me what's the meaning of the that time thing you mentioned?"

Napataas naman ang kilay ko sa kanya. Why do he have to know about it? 

"In exchange, I'll tell you mine." he said. "You see, I also woke up because of a nightmare that happened around that time.

"Why would I?"

"Because I'm curious. Also, I'm getting bored." he answered then yawned. "Felicine insisted that I should stay here and look after all of you. If all of you are already awake, we can follow them."

"Where?" 

"Second floor."

"Why there?"

"I told them that the culprit will go there to get rid of the evidence."

"From what basis?" Hindi pa naman siya pumupuntang second floor, ah. Paano niya nalaman na merong ebidensiya sa taas?

"The dusty footprints." He pointed out something near the trapdoor. Meron ngang footprint dito pero hindi mo agad makikita. "I followed it earlier and the tracks continued going up. Even if there's a third floor, I assumed that the second floor will be the most likely floor where he can be seen."