Christmas Special: The Case of the Missing Gifts and Kids Finale

Avie's Pov

Cali bent the paper clip he has in his pocket, turning it to a lock picking tool. Kung hindi ko iniwan ang pouch ko sa porsche ni Chris, edi sana ako ang kumakalikot sa door knob ngayon.

After a few twist, Cali and I heard a clicking sound. Tumayo naman siya at tsaka binukas ang pinto.

"Alright!" He said while showing the bent paper clip. I leaned on the doorway and crossed my arm. I saw that Felicine, Akhaya and Chris is confronting the culprit. 

"Avie!" Chris called me, he was smirking. "You're fine now?"

I looked at Cali. "Guess what you said about the second floor is correct. We have now cornered the culprit behind all of this.'" I said to him. Ibinubulsa niya ngayon ang paper clip na ginamit niya sa pagbukas ng pinto. Tiningnan ko naman si Chris na nakatingin sa akin. "You have done a great commanding down there, Chris."

Truly! He ordered the other staff to guard down every possible place where a culprit can use to escape. 

Pumunta ako sa tabi ni Chris. My lips formed into a smirk as I look at the person in front of us disappointedly.

Narinig kong isinarado ni Cali ang pinto, pati na rin ang paglock niya bago pumunta sa tabi ni Felicine.

*Knock Knock Knock*

Napatingin kaming lahat sa nakalock na pinto. Sino kaya ang kakatok sa pinto kung saan namin kinokorner ang taong may sala sa lahat ngayon?

"I'll get it." Akhaya said and opened the door. Hindi namin inalis ang aming paningin sa pinto. Talagang hinihintay naming malaman kung sino ang kumakatok.

Nang buksan ni Akhaya ang pinto. Nakita namin ang isang lalaking nakangiti. Pumasok naman siya at tumabi kay Felicine at Akhaya. It was Eudayme. Dumating na siguro ang mga magulang ng bata kaya naman sumunod siya dito.

"What did I missed?" He innocently asked. Nakita kong tinuro ni Akhaya ang taong nasa harap namin ngayon. "Oh I see. We are apprehending the culprit."

Lahat ng mata namin ay napunta kay Chris nang tumikhim siya. Tumayo siya ng tuwid at tumingin sa harap. Tumingin na rin kami sa harap.

"Bakit kayo nandito?" Tanong ng lalaking nasa harap namin ngayon.

"Just came to arrest you. Oh what? Of the kidnap for ransom, putting everyone to sleep, planting bombs and especially, throwing sleeping gas at us. I came here to do my revenge." Cali said. Revenge huh? I also want that!

"Anong pinagsasabi niyo?" 

"Your original plan is this." Cali cleared his throat before continuing. "You stole the gifts together with the kids and you placed them in the basement where a bomb was planted. You mixed a sleeping pill onto every milk and distributed it to the children, as well as the staffs. They drank it and one by one, they lost consciousness. The ransom you demanded which is 25 million will be given to you. Once you got it already, you'll leave this place together with the money and wait for the whole orphanage to blow up to pieces together with the sleeping staffs and orphans."

"How cruel!" Felicine commented. Truly.

"Indeed." 

"Original plan? What do you mean by that?" Tanong ng nasa harapan namin.

"It all changed when we came and when your conscience slowly came back to you." Chris answered the question. "You were thankful when we arrived here, you left clues around us like the papers found in the crane bushes. Kung buo ang loob mo na umalis dito kasama ang pera, you could've blown this while orphanage while we're here and yet, you didn't. That proves that you want someone to stop you."