B17

- E l e n a F e r r a r i -

This was an absolute mess.

Samantha and I had just gotten out of the plane when we received a call from Salvatore, telling us that Amara had been injured and was now at the Red Death gang's main base.

Apparently, the Silent Death gang decided to attack Caroline because of her relationship with Nader, the younger brother of Mohammed. Mohammed was the Leader of the gang, which is probably why Caroline was attacked, because she was on a date with Mohammed's younger brother.

It just so happened that Amara was there, so she was caught in the crossfire.

It made me angry, Samantha even more so.

The both of us had literally raced here, not giving a fuck about rules or regulations as we drove. Obviously, police were chasing us the entire time, but we managed to shake them off our tail.

I had no doubt that they managed to take our licence plat number though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get taken in for speeding and breaking laws.

It didn't matter to me. I couldn't care less right now. Maybe I'll start caring later, when all is said and done.

"Does someone care to explain why the fuck Amara's in the hospital bed?" I growled, barely holding onto my anger.

"It was an attack." Nader tried to explain to me, but I raised a hand to stop him.

"I know it was an attack." I said flatly. "What I want to know, is why the fuck Amara is injured and why she was dragged into your mess. Let me speak to your brother. Where is he?"

"He should be in the main room." Nader said calmly, yet there was a slight quiver to his voice. "I can bring you there."

I opened my mouth to agree, but was interrupted by Samantha who had a deadly look on her face.

"I don't want his explanation." she murmured softly, in a lethal tone. "What's done is done. No explanation needed."

"Bu-"

"What did I say?" She narrowed her eyes on Nader, and the poor guy shrunk into himself.

No one dared to speak, Amara and Caroline staring at the two of us in shock. None of them have seen us like this before, so I guess it might be surprising.

"Tell your brother," Samantha started slowly. "That Amara is going to be staying here until her brothers arrive. He'll be going with Elena and I somewhere."

Nader seemed hesitant to comply. "Where are you guys going?"

"If you are afraid that I'll kill him, you needn't worry." she said. "I have no plans on killing anyone today. Unless someone fails to do as I ordered." she added.

"Got it." Nader said immediately, literally running out of the room.

"Amara. Are you and Caroline okay?" Samantha asked softly.

"Y-yes," Amara stuttered.

"Yeah," Caroline agreed with a nod of her head. Her eyes were blown wide, almost as if she didn't believe what she just witnessed.

"Salvatore and the rest of them will be here soon." I told her. "They'll bring you back home."

"What about Caroline?"

Samantha cut me a glance, and I nodded slightly.

Yes, we were thinking the same thing. "She'll be coming with us."