B20

A/N: Important Author's Note at the end. Please read if you have time :)

- A m a r a R u s s o -

"You want to go to the party tonight?" Salvatore repeated, raising a brow.

I was currently sitting with Salvatore and Samantha, asking if I were allowed to attend the party they were going to. Apparently, they were planning to leave in an hour, and I managed to get them before they started preparing and dressing for the party,

"Yeah," I nodded. "Caroline and you guys are going, so I was wondering if I can as well."

"No," Salvatore finally said, shaking his head.

"Why?" I asked. "I mean, you will all be there, so no one will attempt anything anyways. So, why can't I go?

"Because I said so." Salvatore answered. "And I don't trust the people in the other gangs."

"But I'm old enough to make my own decisions!" I insisted. "Please, Salvatore. You never let me do anything, and I'm seventeen. Don't you think it's time to give me some sort of say in my life? Or is it just that you don't trust me?"

"It's not about trust, Amara. It's about your safety!" Salvatore retorted hotly.

"What do you mean, safety?" I said. "You will all be there! No one is going to try anything! And don't you think that my first 'gang' party should be with you guys present in case something does happen?"

Samantha stared at me, an unreadable expression on her face. I looked right back at her, and it was only after I maintained my eye contact with her for three seconds did she finally nod, slowly.

"I agree," she concurred, and I felt my own eyes widen. "Amara, you can come."

"Wait, but Samantha-"

"Salvatore, don't worry." Samantha reassured him. "Amara will be fine with all of us there. And we can't just leave her alone in the house, am I right? That's even more dangerous than bringing her with us."

Salvatore snapped his mouth shut, a scowl forming on his face. However, he didn't say anything, knowing that his sister was right.

"Fine," he relented after a few seconds. "Amara, get yourself ready. We will be leaving shortly."

With those words, he was striding out of the room. Samantha was quick to follow, but before she could leave, I stopped her.

"Thanks."

"For what?" she asked, turning around.

"You know, for backing me up back there." I answered, suddenly nervous.

Samantha just shrugged in response, a smirk growing on her face. It made me self-conscious. "Nothing to be thankful about. Salvatore is way too overbearing, and he needs to let loose. You better have fun with Theo though, you won't be able to see him much after tonight."

I didn't even have enough time to respond before she walked out, waving a hand behind her.

How did she know?

~

"So, who wants to ride with me?"

"Can I?" I asked tentatively.

Samantha raised a brow at my offer, but otherwise nodded.

"Great, let's go." she stated, and without wasting a beat, she was striding out of the living room and into the garage.