Chapter 26

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

By the time we got home, Ace wasn't home at all, and neither was Samantha or Santino.

"What happened?" I blurted.

"Samantha's tires exploded. Luckily, she managed to keep them in check, but her motorcycle still got out of control. The call disconnected by accident I think, when the bike jerked." Salvatore explained.

"Are they alright?"

"I do not know. It is possible that the both of them got injured, but I do not know for sure until they come back."

"So what's going to happen now?" I asked, and Salvatore gave me an annoyed glance.

"I do not know, Amara. Does it look like I'm there?" he drawled, and I shook my head.

"It's fine, Salvatore. She's just worried." Salvestro said softly, and although Salvatore huffed at being ordered, he complied nonetheless.

"Sandeo, why don't you bring Salvino and Amara with you to find Anna? I'm sure you'll find her with Alessandro and Alessia and you can play with them." Salvestro suggested, and without protesting, Sandeo nodded obediently.

He took my arm with one hand, and Salvino's in the other as he marched us out of the hallway and into one of the playrooms.

The playroom we were in was full of different toys that cost at least thousands of dollars, and there Alessandro was, throwing one of the cars on the floor as he threw a temper tantrum.

"I want my mommy!" he wailed, and the maid - Anna I think her name was - looked exhausted as she picked up after the boy.

"Alessandro!" Sandeo exclaimed, and Alessandro stopped his crying to see who called his name.

When he noticed that it was Sandeo, he ran over to him, jumping into his arms as he sniffled into his shoulder.

"It's alright." Sandeo comforted.

"I want my mommy." Alessandro sniffed.

"Your mommy will be home soon alright?" Sandeo said softly, a soft and gentle expression on his face.

"But I want her now." Alessandro choked, and more silent tears escaped his eyes.

"I know, and I want my mom too, but she's not here." Sandeo replied, and sitting onto one of the cushions, he started stroking Alessandro's hair softly.

I looked around, seeing that Salvino had picked up Alessia who was sitting on the floor, babbling a bunch of random words that didn't make any sense at all.

"You may take a break, Anna. We got it from here." Sandeo told her, and a relieved maid exited the room, no longer in charge of two trouble makers.

"Mommy!" Alessandro cried, and hearing her mother's name, Alessia perked up as well.

"Mama?" she asked, and she started looking around hopefully, her cute little body turning in different directions as she started sucking on her thumb

"Damnit, Aly." Salvino cursed, and tried to distract Alessia, trying to get her attention off of her mom.

"I want my mommy!" Alessandro shouted, just as the waterworks started again.

"Mama!" Alessia giggled, and clapped her hands excitedly, her head searching for her mom who was obviously not present.

"Get Alessandro away from here, Sandeo." Salvino hissed.

"Yeah, I know." Sandeo retorted, "What do you think I'm doing?"