Chapter 4

- A m a r a  W i l l i a m s -

Oh shit... I'm such an idiot. Oh God, what am I supposed to say to that?

"N-nothing." I stuttered, looking at my feet as I felt tightness around my throat.

"It's not nothing. Look at me." Salvatore growled, and fearfully, I lifted my gaze up to see the steel blue eyes of Salvatore.

"Now answer me. What do you mean by 'You're allowed to eat'?" he said, and I averted my eyes.

"It's just that, um..." 

Hurry up, Amara! They're not going to believe you if you are hesitating!

Biting my lips, I tried to come up with a logical conclusion. "Well, I'm usually not allowed to eat." I started, starting with the truth and slowly building up on the lies.

"What do you mean by that?" one of the twins said, narrowing his eyes at me. 

"Well, usually father-"

A snort cut me off.

"-well, I guess step-father now, usually won't let me eat during the night. He said that it was bad for my health." I added, giving myself a pat on the back for the quick response.

"Well, first things first, eating at night is not bad for your health. Second of all, you're as skinny as a twig and as short as a child." Salvestro scoffed, looking at me up and down. "By the way, you have to let me check out that hand. It looks like it's getting worse." he added.

Sandeo told him about my hand? Bruh, that's just mean.

Feeling self-conscious, I pulled my right hand tighter to my chest.

"There's nothing to be afraid of Bambina. I'll just ch-"

"Talk about this later, Salvestro." Salvatore interrupted his rant. "Sit down, Amara. You're going to be eating three times a day now. You look underweight." he said, his eyes scrutinizing me up and down. 

"O-okay." I stammered, and sat on the chair, Salvestro sitting right beside me and Sandeo on the other side. 

"Good." he said, and muttered something in Italian. "Now eat." he ordered, pointing to an empty plate.

Filling it with salad, I took a small bite, savouring the creamy taste of the caesar salad.

"This shit is delicious!" Sandeo groaned happily as he took another spoonful of the rice.

"Language, Sandeo." Salvatore growled. "And chew with your mouth close. That's disgusting." he added.

"Sorry." Sandeo said, mouth still full of food. 

Giggling lightly at this, I took another bite of the salad. 

"So, what did you guys do the whole day?" Salvestro asked.

"Well, we played the longer version of twenty-one questions. Turns out she didn't know that we were Russo's." Sandeo spoke up, mouth still chewing, showcasing a mouthful of gooey yellow stuff in his mouth.

"I'm gonna barf if you don't keep that mouth of yours, shut." Santino commented, nose flaring in distaste.

"I dare you." Sandeo smirked, and opened his mouth, giving him a full view of his food filled mouth. 

"That's just nasty." Salvino said, nose scrunching in revulsion.

"You're nasty. I'm enjoying life." Sandeo countered, taking another mouthful when his mouth was already filled to the brim.