Chapter 34

- E l e n a  F e r r a r i -

"Don't go out of the house." Marco ordered, "Ace and I will be there soon. Also, make sure that you have your stuff with you."

The urgency in his voice had me listening as I changed out of my comfort clothes and into ones made of black leather. Tying my hair into a ponytail, I looked normal, if it weren't for my red rimmed eyes as I strapped on my shoulder holster.

The click of the door opening had me tensing as I carefully whipped out a blade, making sure that I made no noise as I jumped to the ceiling so that I had a better view of who was inside the house. I may be pregnant, but I was not under any means, helpless.

"There's someone in the house." I murmured quietly, "Make sure to put your phone on mute. I'll leave my microphone open."

The phone went dead silent, and although I knew that Marco was tense and frustrated at my order, he knew better than to not listen, especially if even he heard the sound of someone barging in.

My breathing was slow and steady as my eyes wandered from corner to corner, no shadow left untouched as my eyes narrowed onto the door out of the master bedroom.

No one was in this room... Yet.

The sudden creaking of floors had me wincing at how amateur the person was, but it was kind of funny as it was so cliche. What I found surprising though, was that I was suddenly angry at the person who tasked this assassin to kill me.

Did they think that my skill level was that low, that they decided to send a fucking amateur to try and finish me off? Talk about insulting.

My ears were fuming smoke as my thoughts turned into one of rage and fury as the so called assassin made louder footsteps each stair he took. This guy is honestly a moron, and it wasn't just me saying it.

Was his ego so big he didn't even know which house he was breaking into? Did his employer think that this amateur would be able to kill me? I am disgusted at how low they thought of me, but a cruel smirk made its way on my face.

I may have been inactive as 'Red Death' thanks to me joining the Mafia, but that does not mean that I was in any way rusty with my killing skills. Samantha and I have been polishing our skills even after retiring as assassins, and our finesse at killing has only improved.

Thanks to living with Mafia members, they have perfected our techniques and we for them. Not only were we more proficient now, but we were the best of the best.

No one messes with a Mafia Boss, a Mafia Underboss, Red Death, and Silent Death.

Whispers made their way into my ears, and that only dumped fuel into the deep pit of anger. I had no idea why I was so irked, but it was probably my mood swings doing, making my hormones go haywire.

"Yes, I'm in." the person hissed, and my temper raised.

He was novice level at best. Did he not know who he was messing with, or was he too arrogant to care?

"Yes."

It seems as if the person was on the phone as he crept up the stairs, his steps making creaking noises as he gradually made his way to the second floor.

I put my dagger aside as I positioned myself right above the door. I knew that this person was no match for me, and that wasn't cockiness speaking, but facts. If I could detect him the moment he had entered the door, he had no chance to begin with.

The door opened and the guy stepped in, just as I made my move.

Silently, I jumped down onto the person's neck and straddled his torso as he jerked in surprise. Thank God I didn't have a big belly yet.