B13

- A m a r a R u s s o -

"What the hell is happening?"

"Ask your sister."

Three pairs of steel-blue eyes turned to me in an almost accusatory glare. Yet, I knew that they were just confused as to why their two older brothers were rushing around the house, calling and making orders to everyone.

"What do you mean, 'ask Amara'?" Salvino asked, turning towards Salvestro who was running towards the stairs.

"Go ask her, she knows everything that's going on." Salvestro rushed out quickly, even as he ran upstairs. It took two seconds before I couldn't even see him anymore, his long legs permitting him to run up the stairs three at a time at breakneck speed.

"So... Care to spill the tea?" Santino questioned, raising a brow.

"Uhhh..."

I did not want to explain. It took me hours to understand, and I'd rather not try and explain this entire mess towards my three older brothers.

It was five in the afternoon, and Salvatore and Salvestro were both busy giving out orders and preparing for the worst, even if I doubt it would happen. Since they planned to move Alicia tonight because I accidentally talked to Salvestro about the situation out loud, they made sure to have precautions in place in case they were targeted.

Although one part of me thought that they were taking this to the extreme, another part of me thought that they were making the right decision with acting before the other person does. Since the anonymous people thought that Alicia won't tell Salvatore, they would think that they'd have the advantage when in reality, we technically do... Unless they did put a listening device into our rooms, something none of us think is very possible.

I had stayed for the phone call with Salvestro and yes, I knew the basics of the plan.

The plan was simple. So simple, I feel like they are lying to me and they actually have a secret pl-

Salverstro suddenly came running down the stairs, a panic filled expression on his face.

"What happened?" I immediately asked, all of the boys also turning to see Salvestro.

"I got an alert from one of the monitors." Salvestro said urgently. "There are suspicious men coming straight towards the safe house Alicia is in."

Salvestro didn't need to explain further, my entire being freezing up and my face blanching.

"What?" Santino asked. "What's happening? What's going on?"

"Ask your sister." Salvestro replied hurriedly, already sprinting out of the room. "Amara! I'm going with Salvatore right now to see if we can intercept them. Fuck pretending. We're going to call Alicia about it right now and tell her to prepare for a possible attack."

"So the plan is going to waste?"

"We'll have to play it by the ear. We never expected them to be this fast." Salvestro answered, pausing just a few feet away from the entrance of the living room.

"And also. Sandeo! I want you and the twins to flip the entire house inside out. We have bugs planted inside, and we are going to do a thorough search to get them all out. Teach Amara as well." he added.

"Do I have to come with you?" I asked, my heart beating extremely fast.

"No, stay here and don't call or text either of us." Salvestro answered, and he was soon running out.

Family Comes FirstOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara