Chapter 37

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

A week has passed, and I still haven't brought up the subject of going to Elena's house to Salvatore just yet. This was because I knew that I had been acting out lately, and that Salvatore would never let me out with the attitude I had on.

This was why I made sure that I have been on my best behaviour the past week, studying my ass off all night to bring home good- better grades.

It's not that I didn't try to get better grades though. I always do. It's just that I tried even harder to get my grades to go up. I'd stay up until midnight, studying until my eyes shut down on me. It may seem like a bad thing, pushing my body to its limits, but I honestly loved it.

Why I love it is actually not even related to my grades though. It's more because sometimes my body and brain would be too tired, no nightmares would be plaguing my sleep and I would actually have a decent number of hours I could sleep peacefully.

it might not be healthy, but who cares these days, except for Salvestro of course. Salvatore wouldn't care. He's too busy working on his business to care. Sandeo is too oblivious of my feelings to care. And don't even get me started on the twins.

I'm literally ninety-nine point nine percent sure that they'd laugh at me if I told them my problems.

Now, if you're wondering why I don't tell Salvestro, it's actually very simple.

Salvestro would tell Salvatore everything, and I didn't want Salvatore to know my problems. Sure, he may be my brother, but it's safe to say that I still have a great amount of fear of him.

Furthermore, Salvestro is too intrusive. He may want the best for me, but I can tell that every question he asks is meant to be asked to get the most amount of information out of me.

As you can probably see, I still don't trust my brothers after months of staying with them, just proving how damaged my trust is. The only person I feel like I can trust is Elena, and I'm not joking.

It's not because she's my best friend, but more because Elena is ignorant to my problems, and doesn't ask any questions when I act weird, just accepting me for who I am on that particular day. I think the word for this is that she's not suffocating like my brothers. I feel like I can breathe properly around her, and it's depressing to just think that I feel more comfortable with my friend than my brothers.

"You still haven't asked your brothers yet?" Elena frowned, and I shook my head.

"No, sorry." I apologized, "It's just that they've been so busy recently, and I don't exactly want to bother them, Salvatore especially."

Elena gave me a sympathetic look, her head nodding her understanding at my situation.

"It's fine," she murmured, "It's just that the exam in is three weeks, so we have to start studying soon. Maybe I can come to your house?"

"I don't know," I answered, "I think you coming to my house is the better option to be honest with you, but who knows? I'll ask Salvatore tonight. Promise."

"Alright," Elena said, her bubbly attitude back in full force. "Let's get to P.E before we're late." she giggled, and started dragging me to the gym.

~

- S a l v a t o r e  R u s s o -

"Salvatore?"

A tiny voice broke into my thought process as my fingers worked furiously over my keyboard as my brain sprouted out what I wanted it to say to Ace.