Chapter 13

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

"You are coming with me. We're going to have a nice long, civil chat together." Mr. Romano said with a smile, but all of us could tell that it was fake. 

With a confidence not even I had in Mr. Romano's presence, the lady shuffled forward and went to the side, Mr. Romano following. 

Hushed whispers were exchanged, and I can literally see the woman's face blanch with the words Mr. Romano whispered into her ear. 

 "Amara!" Someone shouted in my ear, and turning, I could see Sandeo right beside me. 

Panicked, I jerked back, almost falling on my butt. 

"Since it seems as if they're going to be having a... Long chat with each other," Salvestro started, his eyes flitting over to the two of them. "tell me what you want to eat. I'll order for Ace as well."

"I want Greek food."

"Italian."

"McDonald's!" Alessandro shouted happily before Sandeo could say his opinion.

"There's no McDonald's here, Ally." Salvestro said gently, and Alessandro pouted before crossing his arms grumpily.

"No." Salvestro pried Alessandro's arms away from his chest, reprimanding him softly. "Don't throw a tantrum, Alessandro." he warned. 

When it seems as if Alessandro wasn't going to listen to him, Salvestro sighed. "Your father will be extremely angry if you throw a temper tantrum here of all places." He reminded Alessandro, and that got the boy out of his haze.

"Okay." He sighed, and plopped onto the chair, still frowning.

"Now what did you want, Sandeo? Bambina?" Salvestro said, turning to us.

"I want Chinese." Sandeo shrugged, and all eyes snapped to me.

"Amara. What do you want?" Santino asked.

"I'm not picky." I replied.

"So what do you want to eat?" Salvino repeated, raising a brow.

"Food." I answered carelessly, and I swear, the twins both sighed.

"We're not going to ask again. What do you want to eat?" Santino said, face hardening.

"I-I don't know."

"Amara." Salvino warned. 

"I'm serious. I don't know!" I exclaimed, "Greek?"

"Okay. We'll eat Greek food then. Problem solved." Salvestro said, and walked away, holding Alessandro with him just as Mr. Romano came back, the lady now gone.

"What did you do this time, Ace?" Sandeo grinned, and Mr. Romano's icy glare turned to Sandeo.

"Don't think I haven't forgotten about your mistake half an hour ago." Mr. Romano growled, and although Sandeo paled considerably, he still shrugged it off, and slung an arm around Mr. Romano's shoulder. 

It didn't work though as Mr. Romano was so much taller than Sandeo, about five inches taller, causing Sandeo to have to tiptoe to reach his height. It didn't look comfortable at all.

"Tell me. Have you guys finished your excursion around the mall yet?" Mr. Romano said, slapping Sandeo's arm away as he grabbed a chair.

"No. We still have a few things to buy." Santino answered respectfully, none of the taunting that was usually in his voice present. Looks like there was someone who could get the twins to stop their constant teasing and fun of getting under people's skin.