B1

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

I woke up panting, sweat dripping down the sides of my head.

The Irish. They were still plaguing my sleep.

Getting up, my hair fell in curtains around my face as I stumbled out of the door and into the hallway. I need a glass of water.

I walked down the spiral staircase, trying to get rid of the images that still haunted my mind to this day.

It's been a few days since Santino has woken up, and now that my brain isn't worried about Santino all the time, it is now projecting nightmares to me every night I sleep. Honestly, it is tiring, and I feel like I am never going to get to sleep.

Turning on the lights, I stumbled towards the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with ice cold water.

"Amara?"

I whipped my head towards the sound, my feet nearly getting tangled together. "Huh? Who's there?"

"Hey, it's just me." Salvatore said gently.

"Oh." I mumbled, letting out a breath as my entire body sagged with relief. "It's just you."

"Mhm," he hummed, looking at me beneath his glasses.

Wait. When did he get glasses?

"You wear glasses?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Salvatore raised a brow, causing me to flush in embarrassment. "Yeah," he nodded. "I do."

"Why do I not know that?" I asked, and he shrugged his massive shoulders.

"It's probably because I never wore them around you," he answered. "I usually wear contacts, and I guess the question was never brought up."

At this, I couldn't help but let out a sigh.

Why did I never know that he wore glasses?

That's an easy answer. It's because we never spent time together.

And who's fault is that? Another easy answer.

His, because he was always too busy to make time for his family.

"Here, why don't you sit down." Salvatore suggested, but it was more or less an order.

I didn't disagree though, my legs already feeling like lead. I was sure they were about to collapse from the way they were shaking.

"You look pale." he commented, and I nearly rolled my eyes.

No shit. I just woke up from a nightmare. Of course I'm not pale.

"Yeah," I agreed instead. I don't have the energy to argue, nor do I have the energy to talk at the moment.

I brought the glass to my lips, when I felt my stomach churn, causing me to slowly lower down the cup. I don't think I want water anymore. I seriously might vomit if I put anything in my digestive system.

Suddenly, soft steps resounded into the kitchen, and I couldn't help it. I tensed, my body going on high alert.

Salvatore laid a gentle hand on my shoulders, forcing my body to relax as he gave me a reassuring look. I nearly glared at him.

It's his fault I'm even reacting like this anyways. How could he expect me to react any different after everything?

"It's just Samantha," he whispered, his lips right next to my ear. It caused shivers to run down my spine.