B12

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

"Salvestro?"

"Yes, Amara?"

"I have a question..." I trailed off, looking around his office.

I had entered the house just moments ago, and after looking for Salvestro, I finally found him in his office, scrolling through whatever was on his computer.

If I had to guess—from the way he was so focused, not even sparing me a glance as he worked—I was nearly a hundred percent sure he was dealing with the Alicia situation.

I could literally see the screen flashing off of his eyes, allowing me to see bits and pieces of what he was looking at. I didn't know what it was, but I somehow knew that it was coding. I just did.

"Salavestro?" I repeated tentatively, not sure he even heard me.

"Yes, Bambina?" he answered kindly, finally looking up at me. "I heard you the first time. What's your question?"

If it weren't for his tone, my anxiety would think that he was pissed with me.

"So... I went to Alicia's place today, and umm..." I trailed off again, not knowing how to continue.

Salvestro arched a brow, gesturing for me to continue.

"And I uh, well she kind of told me what was happening." I rushed out, blowing out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Salvestro didn't seem to understand what I was talking about though, instead replying to my statement with a baffled yet suspicious look on his face. He's probably faking it.

"You know," I said awkwardly, waving my arm around like a mad woman.

"I know what." he deadpanned, and I let out an exasperated sigh. I couldn't tell if he seriously had no clue what I was talking about, or if he was just messing with me.

"Like, the Alicia and Salvatore thing?" I prompted, and he gave me another raised brow.

At this point, my face was flaming red. I sounded like an idiot in front of him right now, and I was extremely embarrassed. Please don't tell me you wouldn't be at least a teensy bit pink if you were in my shoes. I know you would be.

"Alicia and Salvatore?" he repeated incredulously, "What about them? Is there something you know what I don't know?" Salvestro's face turned from concerned, to even more concerned.

What. The. Fawk. I knew he was bluffing.

"Like," I took a deep breath. "About Alicia's and Salvatore's argument that has been happening the past week?"

A flash of understanding crossed his eyes, but it was gone in an instant, immediately hidden away. This family is probably one of the best families out there who knew how to keep a straight face and keep things a secret. Not including me, of course. Heaven knows I can't bluff my way out of anything without revealing something. Mind you, it's always an accident as well. It's not like I do it on purpose.

"What about them," he started slowly, giving me a cautious look.

For some reason, I was starting to get annoyed. Did he want me to spell it out for him? This guy would seriously act oblivious right now?

I rolled my eyes, giving him a 'you know what' glare. Salvestro's lips quirked up for a fraction of a second at my attitude before going back down as he let out a chuckle.

"Yes, I do know what's happening." he confessed, "But I don't know everything, though from you coming here, I can assume you know things that I don't and you wanted to tell me. Or you are looking for answers, one or the other."