B6

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

"You..." I trailed off, licking my lips. "Want me to call Samantha?"

"Yep." Salvatore nodded, popping the 'p'. "I don't want to keep it. You want to, and since you want to, you'll ask Samantha."

"Why do we have to ask Samantha though?" I questioned, wanting to get myself out of having to call her.

"Because she has the biggest fear of cats." shrugged Salvatore. "Don't ask me, as her."

"She can torture people, kill people as if it were her hobby, but she's afraid of cats." I stated incredulously, and he nodded his head, an amused grin on his face.

"Yeah," Salvestro answered for him, looking at me as well. "You honestly should've been there the last time Samantha and a cat were within two meters from each other."

"Ooh, what did they do?" I asked, curiosity shining in my gaze.

Salvatore shrugged. "You'll know if you ask Samantha, and you don't have to worry. She can't talk, so you are going to have to message her."

"Are you serious?"

"Yep." Salvatore replied, "Maybe the twins and Sandeo can hel- are you guys sleeping?"

I finally turned towards my other three brothers, to find each and every single one of them in a weird sleeping position.

Sandeo had his leg propped onto his chair, his cheek leaning on that one leg. I was sure that it would be red once he stood up.

Salvino was sitting on the chair, body leaning back as his head laid on the back of the chair. So, while his entire body was vertical, his head was the only thing going horizontally. How was that even comfortable?

Santino on the other hand, seemed to be sleeping like a normal person, his arms crossed over each other as it was placed on the table. Santino's head laid on his arms, and his eyes were closed, him already silently going away into dreamland.

"Why are they so tired." Salvestro stated incredulously. "I don't get it. They were taking care of a cat, for barely two hours."

"Cat's take a lot of energy," Sandeo mumbled, voice groggy from sleep.

"So you are awake." Salvatore said, and Sandeo didn't respond.

"Anyway, Amara, you should get Samantha's permission for a cat. I'll give you twenty-four hours before I'm sending Coco back to the animal shelter."

"Wait, did you guys even check for a chip?" Salvestro intervened. "Are you sure that this isn't someone else's cat? Someone could be missing a cat."

My eyes widened.

Oh. I did not think of that.

"No." I answered dejectedly.

"Mhm," he hummed, "Then I guess we'll have to give umm, what's her name again?"

"Coco." I supplied.

"Yes, so we'll have to bring Coco back to the lost and found just in case someone is missing a cat."

"And if no one is?"

"Then we can discuss whether or not we should keep her." Salvatore answered for Salvestro.

I seriously don't want Coco to have a family just so that I can keep her with me. It's selfish of me, but... I can't help the feeling.

~