Chapter 25

*There will be scenes of violence, blood, and gore in this Chapter. Proceed with caution.*

- S a n t i n o R u s s o -

The first gun shot, silenced by a silencer rung in the air, and although I was worried for Samantha, I didn't look back. She was capable of handling her own. If it was Amara however, that would be a different case because Amara had no experience in these types of situations.

"Come on! They're in here somewhere." a man spoke, and I hid behind a trash can, cursing myself silently for not bringing a gun with me. Ah well, I still had my switchable knife, and it was still useful.

I hid in the shadows, making sure that my breathing was shallow and I didn't make any movement at all. A flash of movement caught my eye, and I didn't even have a chance to scream before a hand was clamped over my mouth and someone's legs were wrapped around me so that I was piggybacking someone.

"Stop."

The familiar, feminine voice had me stopping my struggling as I calmed down and put my arm down. I was about to stab Samantha in the fucking leg!

"Santino, I counted. There are five men, looking for us, and two others in two separate cars." her voice was like the wind; quiet, soft, and deadly.

She then wrapped a hand around my knife and pulled it away, tucking it into my pocket before handing me a handgun.

"Use it sparingly. There are eight rounds in this, so don't miss. Aim for the legs. I'll kill." she whispered.

"What's the plan?"

"Oh, there is no plan." Samantha murmured darkly, and turning my head to her, I see a flash of darkness in her eye. Her eyes were soulless, turning back into the assassin she once was.

"I'll take out the drivers so they can't get away." she whispered so menacingly, I had shivers running down my spine.

"The moment I kill them, you can move, alright?"

"Got it."

"Good, now wait."

Before I can reply, the weight that was on me previously was gone. Damnit, looks like she was still as nimble as before. I was actually hoping that being pregnant might've slowed her down, but guess not.

Keeping a close eye on my surroundings and the car, I see a figure clad in black landing on the top of the car. Making no sound, if that was even possible, she had crawled in through the open window and had slit the man's throat.

Wincing at the sight, I turned my head away to see that the five other men were beginning to arrive in my direction.

Samantha better hurry up before they find me.

I didn't have to wait long though, because two minutes later, one of the men was dead, and he slumped to the floor, blood spurting out of the gunshot wound on his forehead.

As expected, the rest of the four turned to where the shot was created, and that was when I acted.

I landed three rounds successfully, and missed one, but that was okay because now two men were limping and had blood dribbling down their calves, while another had a wound on his hand, rendering him unable to use his gun.

"Fuck a duck." I grumbled, when now five pairs of eyes turned to me.

I ran out of my hiding position, knowing that they would be able to corner me easily if I was up against a wall. I then started running out of the alley, dodging bullets on the way as I ran in zig-zag position. Honestly, my main goal was to get them to run out of bullets right now.