Chapter 49

*Trigger Warning: Scenes of violence, murder, blood, etc. Don't read if triggering.*

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

It was a normal day. The skies were dark, the stars were clear, the clouds didn't block the moon, it was absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, don't listen to my bullshit.

It was a fucking chaotic day. And that is exactly why I'm fucking swearing.

"Stop worrying, Santino. Salvino." Elena said in an exasperated tone, rubbing circles along her stomach. "Your brothers will be fine."

"We're not worrying!" the twins yelled out simultaneously.

"We just want to know what they are doing." responded Salvino with a huff.

"Yeah," added Santino with a nod of agreement. "We're not worried about them. We know that they'll be just fine."

He said it with so much confidence, I was very inclined to believe him. However, I don't know how well my 'family' was at shooting people in the head - that's their fault for not telling me - and killing them, so it was safe to say that I was a tiny bit worried.

Yeah, I know that I shouldn't really be worried about their wellbeing thanks to all they've done for me, but I honestly think that we are getting somewhere. Like, I'm starting to mend my relationship with each one of my brothers, and although we had a rocky start, my stupid heart wanted to forgive them and let them back in again. Of course, it knew the consequences though, and it is very reluctantly, not going to forgive them until they proved that they are changing.

Salvestro was first with Sandeo a close second, lined up in front of Salvino. Salvatore was still at the very bottom of the rankings and Santino wasn't even on the road to recovery yet.

"So..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say as I played with my fingers.

Samantha was staring at me with her usual emotionless eyes, and she held a sleeping Alessia close to her chest. For a few seconds, her eyes softened, and she stared at her daughter fondly before her mask went back up.

Elena too, had an arm wrapped protectively around her stomach, where a barely forming baby bump lay. It was so tiny, you wouldn't even notice it. However, Elena was already proud of the small roundness, and had literally gone mama bear protective mode already, snarling at anyone who even dared to look at her stomach wrongly.

"Where's um, the rest of them?" I asked tentatively, and Elena shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, my sister - Alicia - and her daughter are probably in their rooms doing who knows what. Alessandro is sleeping, right Samantha?" Elena looked at Samantha for confirmation, and the woman nodded her head, not sparing a glance as her eyes stayed trained on her own daughter.

Honestly, Samantha has been inseparable from Alessia lately, and I understand that. She hasn't seen them all in two months, so now that she can see them again, I'm not surprised that they're attached at the hip, especially when it comes to Alessia.

Honestly, I would be extremely shocked if Samantha didn't crowd over her children like an overbearing mother hawk.

Suddenly, Alicia came into the living room, giving Samantha and her sister a nod of acknowledgment, completely ignoring the twins. Her daughter came stumbling in a few seconds later, a bright smile on her face.

"Hello!" she greeted, giving me a toothy smile.

It was the first time I've actually talked to her face to face, and I'm going to have to say that it was actually pretty refreshing, having her here. She's so innocent, a small, little ball of energy that had no idea of the horrors of the world.