Chapter 30

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

Nothing could prepare me for this as bullets from silenced guns started spraying out of multiple guns held by men who filed into the room.

The rain of bullets ensued for a few seconds, before it stopped, and only silence was left.

I couldn't even begin to comprehend what had happened as I saw multiple people on the floor with their eyes wide open. Even a small kid laid on the floor, blood leaking out of a bullet at the centre of his forehead.

Tears sprung to my eyes, and I let out a quiet sniffle that was muffled by Santino's shirt.

"Quiet." Santino hissed, right as I saw him flinch as I moved his back.

Wait a second...

I took a quick peek at Santino's back, only to see a bullet lodged into the left side of his back.

So... Santino was shot?

Santino was shot.

Santino was shot!

I heard quiet muttering coming from the men in black as I poked at Santino's shoulder. He glared at me.

"You're shot!" I exclaimed quietly, and he gave me a look of disbelief.

"I feel it." he responds in a bored manner. "But it doesn't matter right now. I have to get you out of here."

With that, my head was pushed back on the floor as he silently looked around.

"Where's Alessandro and the rest of them?" I asked, and Santino sent me a look that said, 'shut the hell up.'

"They are fine. They're probably with my twin and Sandeo."

"But where are they?" I pressed, and that is when Santino finally started looking around.

No one else was standing, and all of them were on the floor laying in their own pool of blood. I couldn't detect a single cry from Alessia, or another four different breathing patterns no matter how hard I tried.

I saw Santino gulp, but his eyes remained firm as his throat bobbed. "They'll be fine."

It sounds as if he was trying to convince himself more than me as he said it, and water started flowing down my cheeks.

'Tsk,' the voice commented, and I winced at the sudden intrusion of my brain.

'What.' I retorted.

'Look what happens when you jinx it.' the voice continued as if I didn't say anything.

'I didn't do anything though.' I protested, and the voice just hummed.

'Really? But you did say that no attacks were going to happen, didn't you?' it said, and I mentally nodded my head slowly.

'But that doesn't mean anything.' I said, and I could see the voice shrugging.

'Well, it might mean something. You do always cause the bad things to happen.' it said nonchalantly.

'How?' I whimpered. Their words made so much impact on me as it was one of my biggest insecurities. They had always hit the spot where it hurt the most.

I was always afraid of being the cause of something bad happening, and I always thought that until I was sent to live with my brothers. Through therapy, I learnt that not everything is my fault even if it may seem like it. Although I know it now, it was still hard to fully believe it. The voices weren't helping my situation either.