B4

- A m a r a R u s s o -

"Carol?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm about to die."

"I think so too."

Wow, such nice words of support. I love it.

"Thanks for the support." I drawled sarcastically.

"No problem." she muttered back. "Though I think I'm gonna be more dead than you."

"Why?"

"Obviously because I was the one who brought you here." she murmured, "And because I'm not related to you. They're not going to show me any type of mercy."

"Don't worry," I tried to say reassuringly. "I'll protect you. Speak in your favour, if you know what I mean."

Caroline snorted her disbelief. "Protect yourself first." she retorted. "If you can do that, then you can worry about me. I'll find a way out of the shit I got myself in."

My hands were starting to sweat as crowds of people watched the three most powerful people on the planet make their way towards us, two men behind each person. To protect them, and for a show of power, I'm guessing.

The bubble tea in my hand made me feel like it was taunting me, telling me how much trouble I am in. A clear sign that while they have been searching for me, I was out getting fricking bubble tea.

If this were any other situation, I would be laughing my ass off, but right now? I'd rather not get my ass slapped and burnt before it even has any fat on it.

"So, Amara?"

"Yeah?"

"If I die, wanna tell Maroline for me that I love her a lot." she whispered, voice wavering as the three adults grew closer.

Honestly though. I feel like they were messing with me right now, purposely walking slow enough so that I can feel and analyze how much trouble I think I am in.

"Umm, I'll tell her if I don't die." I murmured back, sweat now rolling down my back.

"Good afternoon, Amara." Salvatore arrived first, eyes racking up and down my body before landing on my face. More specifically, my eyes.

"Uh, hi, Salvatore." I mumbled quietly.

"And you are?"

"Caroline, Mr. Russo." Caroline replied as confidently as she could.

Salvatore hummed, cold eyes staring into my soul.

"There you are, Amara." Ace said, "We've been looking for you for hours."

Probably only an hour, but I wouldn't say that out loud, not with so many people watching us and a few others secretly taking out their phones to record the entire conversation.

"Yeah," agreed Salvatore. "Let's go. We've been worried about you."

"But Caroli-"

"Your friend can come with us." Salvatore interrupted just as Samantha arrived, a hint of relief in her gaze though it was carefully guarded.

She whispered something to Ace, and he nodded his head though seemed reluctant to do so.

What shocked me was that without another word, he was walking away, Samantha beside him as they both got into his car and drove off.

One of Ace's bodyguards didn't go with him though. While one stayed with Ace, the other went to Samantha's motorcycle, an extra set of keys in his hands. It seemed as if he was going to be driving Samantha's motorcycle for her.